youtubers you recommend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

let's judge people's shit taste and talk about youtubers that you're subbed too that you think others should know about.

if you have shit taste, you will get called out. so no bullshit shills like egoraptor or the amazing atheist.

Morrakiu- Morrakiu
    tyrant fashister- Tyrant Fashister
    tyrone legstrong- Tyrone Legstrong
    Lord Tyrone Legstrong II

arbitor365- arbitor365
    frankjavcee- FrankJavCee

my channel where I upload demo d's twitch videos once in a blue moon- Minuteworld

demolition d- DouchebagChocolat

2. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

My tastes are shit, so here's a short list of gaming YouTubers that don't sperg out about politics instead:
    • Northernlion
      Daily Isaac series is a staple of any good breakfast, egg, champion of good disclosure and ethics
    • Lobos Jr
      Souls series challenge runs, watch at 2x speed, enforces a strict 'no politics' rule (more channels need one)
    • raocow
      French Canadian, let's player of rom hacks, wacky non sequitur style, acquired taste, 10 year streak of daily videos, probably bordering on SJW beliefs but never brings them up

That's about it.

Feel free to add to this list. Too many channels I like have disappointed me lately with TRUMP=EVIL bullshit.

3. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

4. Minuteworld_92

Ashens - What got me into YouTube and pretty much the internet in general. Funny British guy reviews electronic tat, eats strange, decades-old foodstuffs, and mocks Loot Crates. I should also mention his side project Barshens where he and another guy do little variety shows, because that is what I was watching when I thought up this thread.

GilvaSunner - No, not the one you're thinking of, this is a group of musicians who make mashups out of video game music. Quality varies, but the channel uploads something ridiculous like 15 times a day and some of the remixes are really good.

yahtzee19 - Yahtzee's channel. Does anyone care about this guy anymore? I don't, but Let's Drown Out is the only Let's Play series I can stand, probably because they (Yahtzee and his friend) only upload one episode per week at the most. The show might be ending soon, so this is really becoming more of an archive than anything else.

5. Minuteworld_92

these are some really good mash up's :D

6. Minuteworld_92

demolition d + : a anime reviewed that I have follwed for a while his channel consists of some quite intersring reviews and content as well as alot of strange bullshit, but when he uploads the quality is good if not great especially his evagelion videos and his should you watch series ( although that had a rocky start)

7. Minuteworld_92

FineGameGirls

A funny channel which looks at fan-service type games and anime.

Sargon of Akkad

Not really gaming related, but a good channel which exposes and mocks some of the more ridiculous people of the world and their beliefs.

Shoe0nHead

Channel run by a 'very ok' woman, same kind of content as the above except with more humour.

Jon CJG

Creator of the Arby n the Chief machinima series.

8. Minuteworld_92

The Great War - A historian that's doing a pretty in-depth series about what was happening during each week of WWI. He also does side videos about what some notable people's roles were during the war.

9. Minuteworld_92

Continue? - 3 guys sit on a couch and play a game while making jokes. A few times they brought along JonTron and got drunk. Pretty funny stuff.

ClanOfTheGrayWolf - Used to be really good for a video series called 16-bit Gems, but Roo never makes new episodes and now the channel is mostly for the CotGW podcast. His old videos are still good, though.

That One Video Gamer - The Completionist attempts to complete a game a week and makes a video about it.

10. Minuteworld_92

videogameduckyyyyyyyyyyy: guy plays video games and talks shit, top tier

the best gamers: absolutely serious game reviews, updates once every decade, top tier

gggmanlives: guy reviews videogames with first person perspective, sometimes third person perspective, pretty good

11. Minuteworld_92

These would be my recommendations:

SuperBunnyHop comprises insightful reviews and analysis, and occasionally something closer to journalism than any Kotaku writer would ever manage.

RedLetterMedia
    made those Star Wars reviews ever Youtuber owes a creative debt to.

HyperBitHero
    makes good videos recommending or analysing games

TurboButton touches on a lot of game design stuff other channels don't talk about in an interesting way

The Gaming Brit consistently entertaining

MrBTongue never updates, always worth it when he does

12. Minuteworld_92

Somecallmejohnny - really down to earth game reviewer. Generally I think he is pretty on point with only a few exceptions. He also does animations from time to time, has a good commentary channel and another gameplay channel too. Lots of good content.

AlphaOmegaSin - Talks about a lot of random stuff, generally related to gaming. He's blunt and honest, he doesn't beat around the bush, and I enjoy and respect that. A lot of people on YT downplay what they think about things.

Brutalmoose - He's one of those people I'd call a "joke reviewer", you know, where they "review games" but they're usually just making jokes about it with the odd point here and there. He's probably my favourite as he plays a wide variety of games that I often haven't heard about. He feels a little more mature than say JonTron or PeanutButterGamer too, which is a plus.

The Compendium - Okay, maybe not one of my actual favourites. I really only watch his videos to laugh at the awkwardness which surrounds them to be honest. His intro cracks me up a little every time I see it.

13. Minuteworld_92

CrowbCat- Youtuber who's makes some well edited videos which are able to expose the utter failure and cringe of the game industry (Ouya, Evolve, Watch Dogs, etc.)

Tehsnakerer- Massively underrated Brit video game reviewer with some fantastic sarcastic humor. His reviews are very long (sometimes reaching up to an hour) just to warn people who are interested, but the videos are able to have both quality and quantity.

Matthewmatosis- Detailed critical/analyst on video games. Has a nice voice to accompany his in depth videos too. Made that 6 hour Dark Souls commentary. Also he did this.

h3h3Productions- Probably the only popular Youtuber who is able to make "reaction" videos while being actually entertaining. Has a great chub and tuck.

Bro Team Pill- A man who gets completely shitfaced all the time on streams with a great laugh. Also makes some entertaining videos of edited versions of the streams and occasionally makes videos on him talking over a game (not exactly easy to describe those specific kind so here's a list of them). Also made that one Sunsetvideo which is noteworthy on its own.

Accursed Farms- Most well known for the Freeman's Mind series and getting screwed over by Machinima, but has also gone on to make other entertaining series series such as the Ross's Game Dungeon.

14. Minuteworld_92

I watch at least an hour of Northernlion a day because of his unending, impossible to keep up with stream of The Binding of Isaac videos. They're super comfy. Also does other stuff, including weekly (?) streams. Funny guy, good voice, Canadian but not to a fault, bald, examplary discloser of conflicts of interest and other potential ethics concerns, seems to unironically like hiphop, misses tinted rocks, always forgets to drop the left hand.

Harmful Opinions is a talking robot brain, and also a shitlord who is frequently hilarious. Talks primarily about the ongoing culture war. Sometimes streams visual novels for some reason.

15. Minuteworld_92

Nihongonomori is a very useful channel for learning Japanese in intermediate and advanced levels for free. It's very comprehensive and offering various lessons in reading, vocabularies and grammar going in extra miles to explain how you can use the certain words in the right context. The speakers are very engaging and some videos do offer subtitles if you still struggle with the listening comprehension. This channel is particularly useful for anyone interested in taking JLPT N1 or N2 exams.

u. 梨蘭 (u.riran) is a let's play channel run by enthusiastic Girl gamer from Japan. If you can understand Japanese, it is an entertaining channel where she talks about anything about her life while playing any popular games like The witcher or Dead Space. She uploads the videos pretty frequently and already fairly popular youtuber in Japan. She is at least more skiled than I am at FPS.

Raging Golden Eagle I think is one worth subscribing to. He is a youtuber uploading videos about social commentary like Sargon of Akkad does. Unlike Sargon, he isn't interested in going into elaborate details to explain what, how or why happened nor commenting in affable manner. He makes his statement in more personal way and without sugarcoating, this is why I like his videos. He is one of the youtuber who doesn't take shit from anyone yet fully capable of staying in the sane politics.

16. Minuteworld_92

17. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

18. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

I watch almost everything that guy uploads since... I don't even know, at least 2 years before GG. I despise his friend Horikawa though, when she is in a video, I'm gone.

19. Annie T. Mood

Annie T. Mood Established Recruit

Ain't as nice to watch as back then I think and I kind of watched him grow up from his charity thing to his half-assed attempt to learning Japanese to finding voice acting roles to getting a new computer mid-video just to play Lords of the Fallen.
    Then again he's always just done whatever the fuck he felt like and he happened to have an audience for it so eh, it's still nice from time to time. And now here he is still doing whatever the fuck he feels like only he's living on YouTube & Patreon money now whilst still teaching me new vocabulary every now and then.

20. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Me too. I'm pretty sure I've seen you in the YouTube comments over the years!

I've strongly disliked Horikawa ever since that incident where she gave some poor contestant the name 'ceaseless family depression' to make a level around only to then nuke his score because the (obviously dark) content of the resulting level triggered her. And then she accused the people criticizing her for this of 'sounding like GamerGaters'. Yikes.

Well, at least she's doing good work on that new version of SMBX.