Your daily rant in a thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Hrist, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Dear thread, fuck Kancolle and its fuckign RNG. Im so fking mad that Icant spell proeprly anymore.

FUCK that RNG.

/rant/

Edit - For mods, I wonder if this topic should belong here? Sorry. :x

2. Lex

Lex Senior Member

Sure:

Fuck Atlus for casting Ashly Burch as Rise in P4DAN. She's awful. I know Laura Bailey's ubiquitous and some people don't like her as a result, but she fit the character and Burch isn't good at any kind of acting.

3. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Osawari:
    "There are 200 prizes in this goodie bag and you only draw one per fortune ticket so getting the prize you want might take a while, but since you'll empty the bag eventually you're guaranteed to have all the prizes after spending 200 tickets."

... And then they refreshed the contents of the bag, including replacing the 1st prize with a different one, after a period in which the maximum number of tickets you could've theoretically earned is 30. The 1st prize of the original bag is now no longer obtainable.

Amazing.

4. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Ah I was trying to forget that, it's just not Rise if it's not Laura Bailey doing the voice.

I'll give Burch some credit, she did good as Tiny Tina in Boderlands 2

5. Lex

Lex Senior Member

Tiny Tina was just Burch playing the exaggerated version of herself from that show she does.

The real issue I think is that Atlus dubs are getting more ghetto with time - the new Elizabeth is still garbage as well.

6. WB1c_Marathon

WB1c_Marathon Well-Known Member

Obligatory fuck NoA, fuck drop dependent quests with terrible rng drops. Fuck publishers for doing digital only when the Wii U has a small hdd and when the memory cards for the Vita are god awful expensive. Fuck union dues and social security taxes when I will never see the benefits of either. Shout out to everyone on my facebook posting shit about privilege and trying to shame others for being against resettlement decrying it unamerican, who made you the arbiter of being American go fuck yourselves, also thanks for reposting the same memes I've seen 10 times in the past 5 min. Also the American people don't owe any other nation shit for the problems in the middle east because our government never listens t the people yet those same politicians who got us into these messes are the same ones pushing this message of debt, go fuck yourselves. I'd say fuck Kotaku but the publishers have started. Fuck people who feel the need to share their political opinions every which where. Fuck that one dude I know who thinks they know everything despite having been unemployed most of their life living off friends and welfare while smoking pot everyday, and fuck me for typing all this.

7. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Yeah, and why do they keep changing Naoto's and Fuukas VA?

8. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Fuck E-4. Fuck Kancolle's RNG. Fuck the droprates. Fuck myself for getting angry over it.

GROAN...

9. Click Stick Chilly

Click Stick Chilly XxShit-poster420xX

"Progressive"

>Pay money for a full game.
    >Could potentially get a version where a non-developer person in the west might have felt this or that should be changed/removed for the western audience.

[​IMG]

10. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Fuck E-4, Fuck RNG. I'm tired. I'm going for a swim tomorrow and maybe getting Trails of Cold Steel. Fuck Kancolle events with bullshit bosses that have retarded stats, even on easy. Then my mother got pissy with me because I was cursing the whole day. Yeah, fuck it. I punched my pillow just to release all that steam.

I'm spent and I just want to enjoy ship girls. But no, fuck Tanaka.

Thx Nichegamer.

11. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

>Work hard for weeks to earn a rare character in an Osawari event.
    >Try to view her H-scene.
    >AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED, PLEASE RELOAD THE GAME IN YOUR BROWSER.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Meinos Kaen

Meinos Kaen Well-Known Member

Was discussing anime with people, discussion fell to the long winded titled 'Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon?'. The premise didn't really interest me and the first episode even less. My friend's reply was: you have to keep watching! It takes off after episode 5!

No. Nonono.

There are so many animes and manga being released nowadays that it's not even funny, without going into other forms of entertainment and a person has only so much time on his hands.

If your opera needs the viewer to tune in for 5 weeks before it starts getting interesting, it's a failed endeavor. There are plenty of others that catch you from the first episode and never let you go and if they have slumps, they have it AFTER they got your attention in the first place. There's no excuse for being boring for 4 episodes AKA A MONTH.

13. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

I'm getting the vita version. :>

I agree. I usually pick stuff out by eliminating the ones I don't like (harem, romance, shoujo), then go through the ones I actually know and maybe interested. I do give chances for some, but still, there's always not enough time.

14. WB1c_Marathon

WB1c_Marathon Well-Known Member

Yeah I usually try to follow the 3 episode rule, but the first ep bored me, I'll just enjoy the Hestia without the show. Only show I put in time to get really good that was worth it was Gintama.

15. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Now now, that's the attitude that made some unfortunate people miss out on Madoka back in the day! :p

Haven't watched Danmachi myself yet either but it passes the audience reception test with flying colours. Fan art, cosplay and merchandise production are all still very much alive long after the last episode aired. That's like a 95% guarantee it's good.

16. Meinos Kaen

Actually... No. No it's not. Popularity is one of the WORST possible ways to evaluate something's quality. By that logic, Twilight is a fucking masterpiece.

Example: Umaru-chan. The manga is good, funny, want to see oniichan and Ebinachan bump uglies so bad, great comedic timing.

The anime is TRASH. Numbers are still high.

Conclusion: the japanese industry has reached Hollywood levels of pandering to the lowest possible denominator. Only in the west is tits and explosions, in Japan it's moe and lolis.

17. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Umaru-chan is alright. Shitty heroine and Ebina the best. Boing.

At least there are still animes like Lupin around. That one is enjoyable.

18. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

Disagree, although I see your point.

I too would like to see oniichan and Ebina-chan bump uglies.

19. Meinos Kaen

Just wish the freaking waste of space would stop COCKBLOCKING.

20. thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta Well-Known Member

Fuck DmC for not having a lock on button or taunts, but having multiple foes including ones which can only be hit by certain weapon types and Dante smack talking unnecessarily during fights. Just to pick on a few things, since I started playing.

---

Umaru isn't great, but the animation and jokes are pretty sound. If the manga is better, I'll pick up that.