What I think NicheGamer needs

Discussion in 'Feedback and Issues' started by isaacbeans, Nov 30, 2015.

1. isaacbeans

isaacbeans Is totally sexy.

An IRC or Real-Time Chatroom, chatango is a good easy to implement one, its just copy and past the code to the CSS and bam you got it.

More interaction with staff about what is going on and milestone's such as at 500 members, we have a thread party, and so on. Having a more integrated community is good.

Anyone, please help me out here :)

2. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

The only problem with IRC is that it moves people away from the actual forums (and it's a huge battery killer), and an embedded chatbox isn't always linked with the forums, people would still need to have separate chat and forum accounts. Ideally a chatbox linked directly with forum accounts would be awesome, but I have no idea how to do that.

3. isaacbeans

Kiwi IRC | Embedding

You can embedd IRC into websites, its 2015 maaannnn and true a chatbox linked with forum accounts would be nice. I would have to know what they use for their forums and check it out, but im pretty sure they have some IT guy that can do it :p A chatango or IRC embedded chat would only be temporary and its far easier.

Also We need more members. Ill try to get people to move over here :p

4. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

We've already had this conversation in another thread. I like IRC too, but the whole point is to keep this forum more traditional.

5. isaacbeans

Is that your Guinea pig, digi? He has a sweet laptop set up

6. DigiGuineaPig

lol nah, just a 'shop I did. I currently don't own any guinea pigs. But soon! I'm expecting some little pigglets coming in the near future! =3

7. isaacbeans

I think NicheGamer needs more isaac tbh, like a photo of me in the background

8. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

wtf? Why not? Why even bother living? There's no excuse, find a couple at a local humane society or rescue and bring them home. If that's too much work for you, find an old lonely one instead.
    3DPD, bruh.

9. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Every forum I've ever been to that uses a built in chat client is a ghost town except for the small, incestuous group of regulars that make annoying injokes in the chat. I don't think it's a formula for success.

10. isaacbeans

Rude. That was me in my old forum.

11. DigiGuineaPig

Yeah TBH eventually what happens is the room is an idle spot, and everyone just uses the forum anyway. Plus chat rooms make things very cliquey, and it makes it hard for new members to be included. And people use the forums anyway.

I suggest that if anybody wants to chat just get together with your fav IM service, and the conversation set up in our forum profile isn't too shabby. Give it a try!

12. isaacbeans

-cough-

13. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

I'd be open to eventually having a LINE group.

14. KCPhoenix

KCPhoenix Senior Member

There's a Nichegamer Steam group, and that has a constantly empty chatroom. Why not use that?

15. Rincewind

Rincewind Recruit

16. isaacbeans

Oh shit, I did not even know

17. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

Steam is shit, but if other people start using the chat I might jump in too.

I'd also be open to having a slower-paced PlayStation group messaging or community if someone wanted.