What are your hopes for the Pokémon Switch game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by 3rdStrike_Ebi, Nov 6, 2017.

1. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

I figured I may as well write this thread to clear my mind before I get back into studying for exams, so I'm typing something I think would be good for Pokémon moving forward.

No more different versions of the same game. I'm sensing that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will not only spell the end of mainline Pokémon games on handheld consoles (which we know for a fact), but also the end of selling two (sometimes three) different versions of the exact same game with minor differences. Initially, this business model existed for two reasons: to encourage cooperative play and socializing, and making you pay more money if you wanted everything. The only reason it has stuck around for so long is mainly because of tradition and money, and I think this won't work with the Switch moving forward. Hopefully, we'll only need to buy just the one copy, because we're now going to deal with full retail prices.

That's all I have for now.

2. Alucard V

Alucard V Recruit

I have my doubts. Ultra Sun/Moon isn't the 1st direct sequel to a set of Pokemon games. Black and White 2 have that horron. Though if there were a Pokemon RPG coming out for the Switch, it would be a safer bet that it would be akin to the Pokemon Colosseum/DX games.

3. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Most likely, yeah.

4. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

I just want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. Spike Chunsoft said they were doing something on the Switch. If we got something like Super Mystery Dungeon on the Switch but with a randomized quest board like in Rescue Team/Explorers, it would be amazing.

As for mainline Switch....I'm not as big a fan of the mainline games, but I do hope they're fully 3D with the camera placed behind the main character rather than above. Also show the Pokemon actually hitting the other in attacks rather than showing one animation and then another.

5. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Dude, PMD was the shit in my childhood.

Yeah, they sort of have been doing this since X/Y, so it could be expanded upon in the next game.

6. Alucard V

Alucard V Recruit

Who you trying to kid. They've been doing that since Pokemon Stadium. Either way it's hard to perfect upon perfection.

Maybe make Megas and Z-Moves a special skill rather than a Hold Item and maybe have a Pokemon need to be fully tamed before this going through some special processes.

7. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Alright, faggots, I got a new suggestion for the new Switch game.

Never, ever have another character like Hau again. I hate that fucker so much.

8. Thecrimsondemon13

Thecrimsondemon13 Recruit

i woudnt mind another game like colloseum or XD honestly but ik not everyone's gonna agree with me there

9. 3rdStrike_Ebi

I always liked those games for being unique.

10. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

I personally think they should ditch all this stupid RPG crap and go back to the time-tested formula of Pokemon Trozei. Four in a row - and you're good to go!

11. RPG

RPG Recruit

I would like a nice expansive world. It does not have to be an open world, because those can be a mixed bag, but something that can be large and content filled to encourage exploration akin to what we have seen before in Pokemon games, but in a more advanced and a bit more free kind of way. Also, I think it could be neat with the technology at the teams disposal to take that kind of approach with going into Pokemon populated areas like forests, caves, long grass areas, and really expand upon it, and create more intensity and immersion with it. I get excited at the idea of wandering through a dense brush, and seeing eyes of unidentified Pokemon behind the foliage, and then having the sudden surprise and excitement of a Pokemon leaping out to ambush you, whilst it gives its signature cry.

Also, if the game is going to have a rival, PLEASE for the love of Arceus, make it be an actual Rival, and not the " Rivals" we have seen for the past few generations. I want to actually feel intimidated toward the recurring character, and have an actual sense of competitiveness once again. I want to have the drive to transcend and triumph over him/her, and not just have them be like an afterthought encounter, and afterwards they are like "Oh wow, you are strong! I want to be as good as you! We are best friends 4ever!" The fuck outta here with that shit. I want to execrate and overcome my rival, not have a goddamn tea party with them.

12. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Couldn't agree more with this. X/Y got away with it because waifus, but Hau has no excuse to be as terrible as he is.

13. Thecrimsondemon13

Thecrimsondemon13 Recruit

same

also it was nice to have a pokemon game that wasnt just about collecting badges

also stealing pokemon ftw