What are your hopes for the Pokémon Switch game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by 3rdStrike_Ebi, Nov 6, 2017.

1. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

I figured I may as well write this thread to clear my mind before I get back into studying for exams, so I'm typing something I think would be good for Pokémon moving forward.

No more different versions of the same game. I'm sensing that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will not only spell the end of mainline Pokémon games on handheld consoles (which we know for a fact), but also the end of selling two (sometimes three) different versions of the exact same game with minor differences. Initially, this business model existed for two reasons: to encourage cooperative play and socializing, and making you pay more money if you wanted everything. The only reason it has stuck around for so long is mainly because of tradition and money, and I think this won't work with the Switch moving forward. Hopefully, we'll only need to buy just the one copy, because we're now going to deal with full retail prices.

That's all I have for now.

2. Alucard V

Alucard V Recruit

I have my doubts. Ultra Sun/Moon isn't the 1st direct sequel to a set of Pokemon games. Black and White 2 have that horron. Though if there were a Pokemon RPG coming out for the Switch, it would be a safer bet that it would be akin to the Pokemon Colosseum/DX games.

3. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Most likely, yeah.

4. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

I just want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. Spike Chunsoft said they were doing something on the Switch. If we got something like Super Mystery Dungeon on the Switch but with a randomized quest board like in Rescue Team/Explorers, it would be amazing.

As for mainline Switch....I'm not as big a fan of the mainline games, but I do hope they're fully 3D with the camera placed behind the main character rather than above. Also show the Pokemon actually hitting the other in attacks rather than showing one animation and then another.

5. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Dude, PMD was the shit in my childhood.

Yeah, they sort of have been doing this since X/Y, so it could be expanded upon in the next game.