What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SevenforfiveSarge, Nov 1, 2015.

1. RioDragon1989

RioDragon1989 Recruit

Currently running through ChronoTrigger for the first time. Near the end if average hour estimates on How Long to Beat are correct.

After that I'm starting Dark Souls III in a blind run (I just recently did Dark Souls I, II, and Demon's Souls the same way).

2. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

I bought a Switch and with it Super Mario Odyssey. It’s quite good! I like it a lot, especially since I pretty much loathed 3D World. There have been many parts where I’ve said to myself “I’m never gonna 100% this game”, but it’s fun just to find random moons and see what the game will come up with next. The music is excellent, too.

I’m still getting used to the Switch, but I kinda like it. It’s nice to have a current-gen handheld again... this used to be what I was all about half a decade ago!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  3. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

I REALLY like Fortnite.
    I don't know how; its not the sort of game I'd normally enjoy. But I've been playing Fortnite and just love the whole battle royale thing. Being able to actually see yourself getting better at the game as you get closer and closer to winning is exciting. I do wish the game had more maps though. A single map is really dull after a while.
    I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! I got to try out a friend's Switch during the Christmas holidays and got a kick out of Breath of the Wild. Its a surprisingly fun and difficult game, and I was surprised to be happy with how different it was from previous titles. Though I'm still uneasy at the changes; I hope there's a more classic styled 3D Zelda at some point. The Switch itself is a neat little device, though I can't say that I like playing without a Pro controller. It feels weird.

Super Mario Odyssey does look really great. Its like the real next 3D Mario after the Galaxy titles, although the way it looks it reminds me more of Sunshine. It just looks so mobile! Like you can speedily get around all over the place if you know what you're doing and have a lot of different places you can reach and sometimes clever ways to move about a level. Though moons? Aren't you generally collecting stars in Mario games?

4. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

I'd really like it if they released a few 2D, top-down Zeldas for the Switch, even if they're just remakes. I don't really care about or enjoy the 3D games, but I think the handheld Zelda games have always had a lot of heart. Get Capcom to do it once they're done with Mega Man 11!

I've been playing exclusively in handheld mode, and that's how it's going to stay until they release a controller with a headphone jack. It has taken a lot of getting used to - I think the problem is that the screen + controllers are a little too wide - but I can't imagine it would hamper anything.

It is. I didn't realize this until someone pointed it out to me, but the game is structured a lot like the Adventure fields in Sonic Adventure, which is my favourite 3D platformer ever, and that's probably why I like it so much.
    This is very important. They brought back all of the moves from Mario 64, and added loads of new ones for you to muck about with, making level traversal a non-issue.

You'd think so, right? They do something clever with this, but I'm not going to spoil it for you.

5. richitvgamer

richitvgamer Recruit

Right now im seriously starting to enjoy the last assassins creed's saga game; AC Origins.

6. southrncomfort

southrncomfort Recruit

omg retro - I re-installed Age of Empires 2 as my 7 y/old found the box and wanted to play - got the Conquerors expansion - lots to do ... now as soon as the kids are in bed ... AOE2 time ... lol

7. TeamSeyenapse

TeamSeyenapse Recruit

Currently playing CREATE VR by Seyenapse! Check it out
    Seyenapse | Empowering everyday people.™

8. Lizard

Lizard Recruit

I'm playing Geometry Dash like that one

It's my favourite. Can play it every day