What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SevenforfiveSarge, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

59 hours of Stardew Valley in 5 days. And that's with attending a funeral on one of those days.

2. hina

hina Senior Member

Dungeon Travelers 2 uncensored, it's no SMT but it's pretty good so far.

3. TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon Established Recruit

50 hours into Valkyrie Drive. Back on the dlc campaigns for Muramasa Rebirth now.

4. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

It's the game really that good? It looks like Harvest Moon with worse graphics.

5. Domhnall

Domhnall Senior Member

It's an apt comparison, but outside of emulation how else are you going to get your Harvest Moon fix on PC?

6. Dendro Batidae

Why would I exclude that option?

7. Domhnall

Domhnall Senior Member

I'm not saying to exclude it, I'm merely saying that there's no choice I can think of besides emulation or Stardew. It's one or the other.

8. TiamatNM

TiamatNM Senior Member

SMT4A and Blazblue CF though I'm taking a bit of a break from BB cause I'm irritated at losing so much :p

9. Dendro Batidae

git gud

10. Raziel Barkrai

Raziel Barkrai Senior Member

Replaying the PS2 Ace Combat games to celebrate Ace Combat 7.

11. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Still playing PoE. Fucking A, trying to make a great end game (Shaper viable) build on my own is tough. Sure I could look up one of a trillion builds already out there but that's not any fun.

12. hina

hina Senior Member

Got up the Berserker fight and it reminded me why I stopped playing Dungeon Travelers 2, unlike SMT where grinding is non-existent since you will be attempting to recruit demons and will gain experience through your multiple failures, making the boss fights fair as long as you remember it's weakness post-3 and abuse shock and freeze pre-3 you'll be fine, in DT2 you are faced with a wall that can one shot you without warning and there is zero ways to actually prevent this, there are no weaknesses to hit or anything that will prevent it making the fight entirely luck based which defeats the entire point of a RPG.

Overall the most boring part of the game is the normal battles that can't even be automated and constantly requires user input which just gets irritating when you have already out-leveled the current dungeon.

13. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Well, Brandon likes it.

Steam users overwhelmingly like it:

[​IMG]

And I like it, too (the most valuable metric of all).

14. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Not often I say this about people's gamestyles, but you're doing it wrong. Gimme a rundown of what you're doing and I'll see what I can point out that might help. A core idea, though—no boss in the game has a huge notable exploit that you'd find like in the DeSu or SMT or Persona games.

As for the quick fight, you can raise the battle speed and kill animations in the options menu and that does speed up fights exponentially. There's no autobattle because the game's battle system isn't designed to autopilot—it's made so players can test all the choices they made in their character builds.

15. Dendro Batidae

I might give it a try. Just hope it isn't a straight up copy and actually tries to improve on Harvest Moon flaws.

16. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

Bouncing between Let it Die and Path of Exile.

Don't think I'll stay with Let it Die too long. It's like bootleg dark souls or something and is a ftp so has the fuckery that goes along with that. The controls also aren't as tight as they need to be in a game where you can and will get one shotted

17. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

It's a file transfer protocol?

18. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

OneShot
    An updated version of the 2014 game just got released on Steam. So far its pretty gr8. The art looks a lot better, although there appear to be a few typos and minor art glitches here and there.
    Apparently I forgot how to do all the puzzles, so this is legitimately confusing and I'm spending WAY too much time on the most basic and of tasks. I'd post screenshots, but the most interesting bits of it reveal too much about me personally.

19. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Playing Hitman 2016 and I'm in love. Already 16 hours in and that's mostly just spending time on the Paris and Sapienza missions. Hell, I spent two hours alone planning/trial and error through a Silent Assassin+Suit Only run and it was so satisfying once I did it. The replay value in comparison to the older games is just insane due to how open the level design is now along with the mastery system rewarding the player for finding various ways of assassination with new tools, starting points, item stashes, and weapons (though I do miss the shop from Blood Money). This game feels like such a return to form after Absolution and it's amazing to see how much IO have turned things around. Online issues aside, the only two other problems with the game would probably consist of the overall lack of weapon customization (since all guns are now automatically pre customized) along with the soundtrack being weak. I appreciate them avoiding the Inception horns of Absolution and the music being dynamic to your actions, but it lacks the kick of Jasper Kyd's soundtracks from the older entries.

Also while the stories of the Hitman games have never been important other than for set dressing of each mission, I do think this new game is a bit dry in tone since it lacks either the extremely dark atmosphere of Contracts or the conspiracy atmosphere of Blood Money against rivaling agencies.

20. Jigsy

Jigsy Established Recruit

Final Fantasy XV.