What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SevenforfiveSarge, Nov 1, 2015.

1. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

You'll see. They all do, eventually.

2. Voiced

Voiced Senior Member

Started playing Pokemon Moon, and replaying Resident Evil 4, but this time on steam.

Holy crap is RE4 severly unoptimized on PC. I have a pretty good PC, but I can't get a decent framerate and audio sync for a 10+ year old game unless I reduce the resolution to 1280x1024, turn Anti-Aliasing off, turn Shadows low, and go into a config file to make Anisotropy to 0? That was far too much work.

3. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Well, I accidentally pissed off the nearby Ukraine military base in Shadows of Chernobyl which resulted in pretty much everyone dying in the first encampment area.

[​IMG]

Such is life in the Zone, as they say (at least I got a bunch of free ammo and Bandit Armor so no real loss).
    RE4 on Steam is known to have mixed performance for most sadly. I got lucky enough to run it fine as far as I got, but that doesn't stop a lot of issues like the fact that some animations weren't meant to be played at 60 frames leading to some slow down. Though it's still better than the original 2005 release which almost made it mandatory to set the thing to one core affinity since any more would cause some awful stuttering.

4. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

playing billy hatcher right now, this is actually the first game in months i'm bothering to finish which is rare as I grow older and more depressed. sega made some brilliant games back in the day.

5. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

The one that turns into a plague of fucking bats that can & will put you down in a near-instant. Stupid bastard still haven't beaten him, even though I've sailed across other Y's bosses.

6. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Member

Vaguillion is a total bitch. He realizes very heavily in luck and you need the best equipment available to even stand a chance. The guy who beat him on Nightmare with the mask of eyes on is a god

7. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

You playing the Ubisoft version of RE4?

8. Heavily Augmented

Battlechili pls.

9. Retrohunter

Retrohunter Senior Member

When I played it, sound and video were out of sync no matter what I did, shame because the gameplay was awesome but I had to skip most cutscenes.

Also, what am I in for?

[​IMG]

10. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Brutal Legend of Zelda, so I'm told.

11. Voiced

Voiced Senior Member

Darksiders? Hack and Slash Action game with Legend of Zelda dungeons/item progression. One of my personal favorites for setting.

12. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Now playing Pokemon Moon

13. Lex

Lex Senior Member

Playing superior Sun version.

I appreciate how many cute girls there are. X/Y were kinda shit for that, barring Serena and Shauna.

14. Voiced

Voiced Senior Member

One weird quirk I noticed with Moon. It's time is offset by 12 hours. So when I play at night, it is daytime.

15. Heavily Augmented

Near the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows of Chernobyl and other than the rough first few hours of the game, I've fallen in love. It's what I always wanted the Metro games to be if they're open world. This game fucking oozes atmosphere in it's radioactive anomaly infested world that is the Zone and the fact that it's in constant movement 24/7 really makes it feel like a living and breathing world rather than buzzwords on the back of the box. The inventory and micromanaging of ammo and artifacts add a lot to the RPG elements too.

It's been a while since I've felt this satisfied in an RPG from starting with nothing to the expert lone survivor. Hell, I'm even the #1 STALKER in the game world now. Now just have to find that Strelok guy and... wait, what... something's not right.

[​IMG]

16. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

So I'm playing Dark Souls 2 for the first time.

Gotta say... it feels way more like a Demon Souls sequel than a Dark Souls sequel.

17. Raziel Barkrai

Raziel Barkrai Senior Member

Is that a good thing?

18. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Don't know. I liked both games so guess it works for me.

19. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Skipping along to Atelier because I made the mistake of trying to engineer a door mechanic in Minecraft, and grew exceedingly obsessed with getting it right. Redstone was not conquered this day, but sure am on my way to making godly alchemy items.

20. cerebro podrido

cerebro podrido Senior Member

Still playing through Xanadu Next, slowly making progress