watchdogs 2 gets more progressive.

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

did they they change the protagonist from white to black?

[​IMG]

Twitch

go to 1:13:07 on the demo's stream

jesus fuck this game is fucking hip and edgy man, day one buy man. I'm gonna get my nonexistant friends, nonexistant weed and 420'm up all day ya feel me haha blaze it brofist.

2. Minuteworld_92

also, gay pride flag in the intro. HOO BOI THIS IS GONNA BE SO PROGRESSIVE!

3. Largo

Largo Senior Member

I wonder how well this will sell for them?

4. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Not well at all.

And this isn't coming from the "muh progressivism" angle. Point-blank, Ubisoft burned the public with a buggy, bland, uninspired mess of a game. It's not picking on them—they metted out a half-done product with an undercooked story. You're not going to see large numbers moved from stores for this title.

5. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

I asked this in the stream when the game was shown... What if Trump wins? (If you don't know, the main villain is an obvious parody of him.) I mean, it's not like it's unlikely. They won't have time to change the game, so this is going to be very embarrassing for Ubisoft!

6. Minuteworld_92

he pretty much has the presidency in the bag and this game will be an outdated piece of edgy liberal trash. like holy shit, I have NEVER seen as much sjw hipster pandering on ANY game than watchdogs 2. well maybe some indie games...

7. DuckSquared

DuckSquared Senior Member

I find it funny that the story in Watch Dogs 2 is social media censoring the public to push a presidential candidate, and they went with Trump.

Obviously they didn't want to be realistic and go with Clinton.

8. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

So not only are we going to get a buggy, downgraded, unoptimized, copy-pasted open world design game with generic gunplay, stealth, and story, but also social commentary on the political landscape that'll be outdated no matter who wins the election? Way to step up your game Ubisoft!

9. Minuteworld_92

calling it, moment it comes out, kotaku say's watchdogs 2 is the next 1984

10. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

Really wish they'd move development out of Montreal, that city is the shame of Quebec. They really suck at writing characters, literal dindu this time around.
    Lol, Putin's been blowing that bitch the fuck out. Threatening to release e-mails Russia has secured, and literally going in and nipping the democratic attack campaign in the bud by deleting all their research against him. Julien Assange also taking a stand against her. Actually hoping a third party finally starts getting some traction in US politics, but Clinton's done. A shame that Bernie was too much of a sissy to do it himself, but I'm glad to see a Clinton finally get what's coming to them.

11. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Member

Watch Dogs 2 looks fucking awful, and this is coming from someone who thought the first game was alright.

12. 2dgirlfan

2dgirlfan Member

It's already embarrassing now!

The Canadian writers couldn't be bothered to research even the slightest bit of American politics

1: There is no congressman for the "bay area". The bay has enough population for many congressional districts
    2: Only one of these districts is remotely contested.

Edit: The trailer clearly shows the Oakland bridge. First part is clearly the 13th district, which is isn't even remotely contested and home to a crazy bitch who claims Global Warming® will make women into prostitutes gets 85+% of the vote there. The part at night may be the opposite side (the 12th) which is even worse and home to former Majority Leader Pelosi THIS woman.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  13. ScarredBushido

ScarredBushido Senior Member

iv'e seen some gameplay...it's the same shit with a hipster vibe. i can hack cars now!?!?!?! DAY 1 BUY MAN!!! i can use DRONES??? I'MA BUY ULTIMATE SUPER EDITION DAY 1!!!

14. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Sometimes I really do wonder who the hell thinks these things will sell. Nothing about this project is a vast improvement over the previous. They could have taken the concept in an entirely different direction. Instead we get fouth-rate modern scifi conspiracy drivel that leans on a political climate that won't even exist three years from now.

This shit's going to be dated and bland long before the 2020 Olympics.

15. ScarredBushido

they will probably add some gamergate reference to be hip

16. Nin

Nin Senior Member

If the Democratic party falls (unlikely for now, but still), either a new one will form to fill the power vacuum, the Green or Libertarian Party becomes huge, or the US is practically a one party state. As long as the Democratic Party is still around though, I don't see any new players coming along. There have been prominent 3rd parties before, but the most part, the US government has been binary.

17. Nagato

Nagato Member

Going by this senior writer, I think you're kinda reaching when it comes to this particular game:
    Ethan James Petty on Twitter

He even has a history of making some pretty sane posts on GG.

18. Offendatron_5000

Offendatron_5000 Senior Member

Who cares, is the hat still iconic? If not, I'm out.

19. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Who cares about the hat? The bandana face mask is where it's always been at along with the police baton to enforce your inner police brutality vigilante.

20. ScarredBushido

can't wait to play as a black kid beating up white cops.