The Opening of the Niche Gamer Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Brandon, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon Big Papa Overlord Staff Member

Welcome everyone to the Niche Gamer forums. These are a long time coming, but we hope that you all enjoy your stay!

Please be on the lookout for our future updates to the main site, as we are going to be rolling out updates in chunks.

Our goal is to keep the site easy to browse/navigate, and to build it up into a hub for you all to use as a daily, and constant, source of both gaming news, info, and community.

Please keep supporting us, and tell your friends!

2. Frit_/x/

Frit_/x/ Member

3. Doomskander

Doomskander Recruit

Neat.

Will you have a forum just for discussion for Nichegamer articles on an individual basis?

4. JeremiahSimpson

JeremiahSimpson Recruit

Seems like something that could just be done informally in the "feedback and issues" forum. I don't think every article would need its own corresponding forum post when there are already comment sections, and if its about a game surely the article would find its way into a post in the game discussion forum.

5. Nightwing

Nightwing Recruit

Keep it real, fellas

6. TRI Mike

TRI Mike ?Double Señor Member¿

Glad to see the forums finally up. I'll be here a lot. Congratulations Brandon and team, keep growing!

7. Brandon

I've been debating on this. I'm still not sure as it might feel spammy. Thoughts, everyone?

8. Domi

Domi Senior Member

That's actually a very common system on video games sites from Spain. No idea about other countries.

9. Meinos Kaen

Meinos Kaen Well-Known Member

I say, give it a subforum and, every time you make an article, open a thread and link it in the article itself. Escapist style.

10. Demetirus

Demetirus Recruit

It's something I've enjoyed on the Escapist forums as an alternative, but that might be because they use that facebook plugin thing over there. I don't always want to reveal that much about myself when talking about an article.

Might be redundant with the way you guys have disqus set up on the articles already.

11. JeremiahSimpson

JeremiahSimpson Recruit

I put my thoughts up above but I do think it would get too spammy depending on the volume of articles.

12. Brandon

This isn't a bad idea actually. HMMMM. I was mostly focused on just getting this stuff live and public~

13. Meinos Kaen

Meinos Kaen Well-Known Member

Disqus is nice and all, but a forum thread offers a differend kind of discussion compared to facebook styled messages. At least secondo me.

14. EthicsTheKid

EthicsTheKid Recruit

>Be in a fourm
    >Not Keeping it real

It'd be blasphemy if we didn't!

15. Rincewind

Rincewind Recruit

WU TANG!

Took yah long enough :^)

16. Geb

Geb Señor Member

17. Naoto

Naoto Member

(*^-^) 乃 This pleases me.

18. Keinart

Keinart Member

Congrats with the forum, I'm already in too many communities so I don't know if I'll come too much but I'll keep an eye from time to time.

Also please remove signatures, they will only give cancer in a couple months, they always do.

19. black mamba

black mamba Recruit

Thankfully, they can be disabled.

20. Keinart

Keinart Member

Didn't realize there was that option, then everything is fine with the world. Thanks man.