The "fuck nis america" thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Jun 2, 2016.

1. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

Until he actually accomplishes getting NISA to do anything, I'm just going to assume he's two faced and/or full of shit.

2. Domhnall

Domhnall Senior Member

Why on earth would you finance their stupidity? Leaving a bad review is not worth the cash you'd spend, especially considering you'd be padding their numbers. For many people, low numbers of sales/reviews is already a blaring warning signal.

3. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

Doesn't refunding cost them more money than not buying at all?

4. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

If a shitty review can dissuade other potential buyers, then my one purchase, which I plan to ask for a refund for, seems worth it.

5. Domhnall

Domhnall Senior Member

I completely forgot you could refund now on Steam. Sounds good, then. Carry on.

6. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

I'm expecting a Mugen Souls Z Steam release in terms of interest of most people: nobody'll give a fuck.

This is for two reasons:

1. It's censored (speaks for itself).

2. NISA already wasted most of their good will with the PC community with how botched their Disgaea 1 port was Day 1 even when it did get fixed. First impressions aren't too great.

Honestly at this point, I'm only going to care about NISA at this point is how much they're going to be related with the Steam port of V3. I know that they'll probably do the translation and dub for it, but at least for the most part, that seems like the series they fuck up the least in terms of memes and such (mostly). Also considering that they actually didn't get their names mentioned in the Steam pages of Dangan 1,2 and Another Episode, I'd hope money spent for V3 when it inevitably comes to PC only goes to Chunsoft and Abstraction Games. Hell, The intros for 1/2 even cut out NISA from the start which the Vita versions had.

7. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Yeah! How can he be dishonest if he's consistently dishonest!?

8. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

It doesn't make much sense to call someone out on being dishonest in response to them saying something consistent with what they've already stated.
    That wasn't really their fault.
    Steam's beta itself was making the game run poorly. Anyone not opted into Steam's beta was able to run the game (for the most part) fine.
    Plus their Phantom Brave port is already confirmed to not have those issues and the game had a demo to show it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  9. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Dishonesty doesn't mean inconsistency. If he's been lying for a long time it doesn't mean he's suddenly telling the truth. He said the reason for the censorship was the ESRB, then for the PC release where it's not a problem he says it's because of super secret reasons he can't say. Any retard can see he's lying.

Well, not ANY retard. You obviously can't. Fucking NISA apologist.

10. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

the fact that it hasn't changed is the exact reason my own stance hasn't changed. They move, first.

11. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

NISA seems to be actively encouraging modding for Criminal Girls.
    Criminal Girls: Invite Only Now Available! FAQ :: Criminal Girls: Invite Only General Discussions
    Community Mod Extravaganza :: Criminal Girls: Invite Only General Discussions
    Seeing a modder's thread being pinned is a good sign.
    Also it looks like some modding work has already taken place in another thread:
    Possible modding? :: Criminal Girls: Invite Only General Discussions
    The pink fog has already been removed

12. ScarredBushido

ScarredBushido Senior Member

why didn't they do it themselves the lazy fucks? Steam doesn't give a shit about rating ect.

13. grgspunk

grgspunk Well-Known Member

While it may seem nice that NISA allowing mods, I have three issues with this:

1) Modders don't need permission to undo the butchery NISA did to the game. Granted, most modders would be deterred if they outright said no to the idea of an uncensor patch, but it only takes a single person who doesn't give a shit to make it happen regardless of NISA's wishes. They're clearly allowing uncensor mods to make themselves look like the "good guys" without doing jack shit to ensure our games get released unedited. If this isn't part of NISA's damage control over their recent censorship of CG2, I don't know what is.

2) NISA is still skirting around the issue of refusing to uncensor PC games themselves. There's nothing on Steam preventing them from releasing this from being uncensored, yet they do it anyways. They're still showing signs that they have issues with the content in this game--That's not something I need from a localization company in my weeb gaming scene.

3) This sets an ugly precedent. This tells NISA that they can edit all the PC versions they see fit and leave it up to modders to undo whatever damage they've done. While this might seem sound in theory, the problem lies within the modders themselves. What happens if a butchered game is too obscure for modders to care about uncensoring it? So modders are undoing the edits to CG1--That's nice, but where are the uncensor mods for the PC editions of the Mugen Souls games? We can't rely on modders to unfuck our games because there is no guarantee that modders will come to the rescue every single time a game gets butchered.

14. ScarredBushido

ScarredBushido Senior Member

pretty much like Bethesda releasing a buggy as fuck game and leaving it up to modders lol. reminds me how a lot of people are saying " Well that's Bethesda :) " as a excuse.

15. GlacialSolace

GlacialSolace Recruit

Not trying to grave-dig, but this thread is even more topical now that NISA will be the ones bringing us Ys VIII. Any thoughts?

16. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

17. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Wouldn't get your hopes up about it being uncensored.

18. GlacialSolace

GlacialSolace Recruit

Unfortunately, I'm expecting it to be meme'd on pretty hard, too. Was really looking forward to this one, too.

19. Neonie

Neonie Recruit

This thread is a riot.

20. Ice Apollo

Ice Apollo Anime is HARAM

it went to interesting places