The "fuck nis america" thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Kiryu

Kiryu Senior Member

2. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

To be fair, IFI's earlier Nep games were in Humble Bundles and have been on Steam a lot longer. They also came out back when Steam was starved for Japanese games, and at this point Neptunia is a lot more well known a name than "The Firefly Diary", for comparison.
    I also didn't link NISA's highest-selling Steam game, Disgaea PC, which is sitting at 80k at the moment (which is higher than Neptunia U, Megadimension, Noire, and Amnesia).

Its just, most of NISA's games don't sell very much, and Criminal Girls is no Disgaea in name. So if a petition were to say, have, around 5000 signatures, that would be a significant dent in game sales for NISA. So the worry that a petition is just to prove that its not worth it doesn't make much sense, since a petition probably won't have much problem getting such a paltry number of signatures. Its already almost at 1000.

3. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

I agree with most of what you said, but I would be very surprised if it reached anywhere near 5000 sigs when nintendo: Do not censor Fire Emblem: Fates for it's worldwide release couldn't break 9k.

FWIW, I signed it anyway, since we're already going down this road it looks like.

4. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

5. Jigsy

Jigsy Established Recruit

NISA post a new trailer to downvote, and I've stopped using YouTube in response of that Heroes bullshit.

For shame...

6. Neppers

Neppers Member

Censored Gaming's video on CG2 was six minutes longer than their Tokyo Mirage Sessions vid. Good lord.

7. Xekus

Xekus Member

And it's arguably more butchered than CG1

What a fucking garbage company.

8. Nin

Nin Senior Member

That Heroes shit is hilarious.

I'm pretty sure Youtube doesn't get any money as long as you use ublock though. I wouldn't worry about it.

Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors

Anyways, the petition is probably hopeless as the PC version was already rated by the ESRB. Still, depending on their answer, we can use this as ammo.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  9. Battlechili

It doesn't require separate ratings to get a game rated for PC and console. You can do all that in one go. Its not like they had a PC build and got it rated for PC.
    As well as:
    Yeah yeah, I know I'm quoting someone believed to be untrustworthy, but I don't see any reason to suspect this as false.
    As has been said by other publishers, being rated for PC doesn't even guaruntee a PC release will happen. Taking that into account, I think these statements are believable.

10. burgerunit

Looks like the petition has mostly fizzled out at around 1250 signatures. Not a terrible number considering the niche status of the game. I can't wait to hear what bullshit reason NISA comes up with to disregard it.

11. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

The petition was irrelevant from the start. I'm not going to beg them to release the game as it should be. The burden shouldn't be on us to garner support, it should be on them.

12. Battlechili

Its going to have 1500 before the end of the week

13. burgerunit

Yeah... I actually sighed a little when I saw it was created.

That said, I did end up signing it myself begrudgingly, as I felt its mere existence basically forced my hand. Either I dont sign it and I give them the satisfaction of "lol really is a vocal minority" or I do sign it and waste my time trying to get a shit company to not be shit when I've seen enough of these to know nothing will happen and they don't deserve my time.

If nothing else, at least NISA will look even worse after essentially spitting in the face of the 1200+ people took time out to sign this thing

14. Battlechili

Keeping art as it was meant to be (but in English) is more important than whether or not NISA is being a shitty company.

15. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

Except it's entirely NISA's decision. Don't shift the responsibility onto us.

16. burgerunit

It's because of NISA we are where we are. It's NISA's behavior that needs to change to get the original art.

Maybe the blame would have been with the ESRB, but they didn't even try.

I get where you're coming from though...

17. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

Not in this case, since we're talking about a PC port, where the ESRB has no power.

18. burgerunit

Yeah I forgot we were just talking about the potential PC port here. oopsie daisy. been drinking a little bit lol

19. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I think a lot of us can understand that feeling. Despite the hate train, I don't think there are many who just absolutely do not want matters with this issue. The power of a petition is laughably small and I've said such in the past with almost every change dot org action I'd ever seen. But for the need to have our voices heard, and for the sake of trying something in order to improve circumstances, we have to act out in some kind of public manner, even knowing it amounts to next to shit when the ink's dry.

But still, it is something. Begging is right out—it's entirely the wrong image to draw on. Point-blank, this is about what we'd be willing to pay for as customers. And should NISA opt not to listen, there's one reasonable action left to everyone who doesn't want their title purchases censored or cut up: not buying. In that regard, the petition is a frustrated peace gesture.

20. Jigsy

Jigsy Established Recruit

"We saw the petition and considered it, but ultimately decided it was unfair to Vita gamers to have a completely different experience than PC gamers."

(Totally calling it.)