The "fuck nis america" thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

Sure, but it can't do harm either.
    Either good stuff happens or nothing happens.
    You say that but I don't think most companies intentionally make bad games.

2. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Like the factors I use to not give EB nor Gamestop more than $0 a year if I can help it?

3. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

If JB HI-FI had a proper reward card system, I'd stop going to EB Games for games completely (except for exclusives I want). I usually price-match with JB anyway, since they're usually cheaper.

4. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I either end up buying directly from the publisher, picking it up on Amazon, or getting lucky through Wal-Mart or Best Buy. Gamestop & its affiliates is just not a nice option anymore—not for the ages of crap they've pulled off.

5. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

6. 3rdStrike_Ebi

I've heard horror stories from Gamestop, so I know what you mean. EB Games has definitely got on my bad side as of late; I fucking despise their upper management.

7. grgspunk

grgspunk Member

Wait a second. What is the point of NISA looking at this petition? If they can release an uncut port on Steam, there shouldn't be anything else preventing them from doing so. PS is implying they could release an uncensored game if they had the numbers that support such a release--Not even the most staunchiest of censorship apologists would complain if they released it uncensored, so why the hell do they need "numbers" to prove that it would be a good idea to release an uncut PC port?

Either this was set up to make us anti-editing fans appear to be less numerous than we are, or the idea of a PC port was never definitive in the first place (regardless of censoring). They might think if the Vita version doesn't sell to many people, it won't sell on PC, and the Vita buyers won't double dip.

8. hina

hina Senior Member

No but many are happy to settle with mediocre.

9. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

I'm hoping its the latter (any PC release wasn't seriously considered), but who knows, it could be an attempt for @Prinny Supervisor to try and keep his 'I relly care guyz' image and pass the blame of not delivering off on not having 20 thousand signatures or something.

I find it hard to believe no one else at NISA recognizes the shit show the leadup to CG2 has been OR that an uncensored product sells more than a censored one. PS makes it sound like he is communicating to aliens on our behalf. I don't really buy it.

10. 3rdStrike_Ebi

Just to get tionfoil-hatty, I'd say this is most likely the reason. They probably took their time to let the heat die down, and then when the petition starts up, people won't care as much and would ensure they get the results they want. Well, the best way to combat is start a petition as soon as possible whenever something like this happens again.

11. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

Or just forget the petitions altogether and let companies like this die out. A petition isn't going to change their decision, and their reasoning makes no sense in the first place and just sounds like excuses.

12. 3rdStrike_Ebi

They won't die out if their diehard retard fanbase continues to sustain them.

13. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I just had that argument live with someone advising a boycott campaign to me. In the scope of things, I don't really care if it's 1,000, 10,000, or 1. I made my point clear what I'm willing to buy from them, and also that I don't need to buy from them to obtain what I want (foot in the door of just going pure import).

That's why this is still no lose to me. Either NISA does take this petition into consideration and works to bring the product uncut to Steam, or they ignore or dismiss this petition & save me the effort of adding one of their titles to my already large Must Buy library of Steam selects.

14. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

15. MonsterGirlFanBoy

MonsterGirlFanBoy Senior Member

16. Kiryu

Kiryu Senior Member

Dear goodness,NISA completely butchered the game.This is much worse then CG1.

17. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

18. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

Thinking that the petition is just to show "See? Its not worth it to uncensor it" is very tin-foil hatty.
    If you look at the sales of some of their games on Steam, quite a few of them don't exactly get stellar sales numbers, with several of them barely getting over 10k in sales.
    Ex:
    http://steamspy.com/app/368640 (3-4k in sales)
    http://steamspy.com/app/409870 (10-12k in sales)
    http://steamspy.com/app/409890 (9-11k in sales)

It wouldn't take much for a petition to be a dent in their Steam sales numbers in signatures. Obviously not every signature necessarily equates to a sale, but if the petition gets signatures around in number to the number of sales some of their games gets, it becomes very significant. I don't see Criminal Girls as being one of those games that gets shitloads of sales.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  19. Kiryu

Kiryu Senior Member

Would like to see IFI steam sales in comparison,just curious.

20. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis