The "fuck nis america" thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

2. Domi

Domi Senior Member

At this point, it's a lost cause. No matter what you say or how much you complain, NISA isn't going to change.

I'd move on and just say good bye to them.

3. Minuteworld_92

"Now you see, this is a clever little man we have here.

Our buddy "Burneraccount" is trying to force a win-win situation. You see, if I allow posts like this to stand, then this idiotic, misinformed, offensive ranting gets seen by more people: the message stays out there. But if I delete these kinds of posts, Burneraccount looks like a victim, because you see, they justknew they'd get "censored", and it only proves how evil and immoral we are. It looks like Burneraccount was right all along!

In other words, this exceptional individual is going through a checklist of things that would get you banned, step by step, and then preparing to act like a victim when the inevitable ban happens. I see this behavior often.

There's a screencap of the comment, saved for posterity. You're still going to get banned, but I'm not going to delete the comment, because I want everyone to know that you aren't being banned for complaining about censorship, you aren't being banned because you're criticizing the company.

You're being banned because you're a whiny, ignorant troll.

Feel free to post on other websites about how oppressed and silenced you are, though!"

this is from a nisa employee. I swear to god this company just makes me fucking hate them more and more.

4. Minuteworld_92

5. Blank Slate

Blank Slate Senior Member

Reminder to learn Japanese

6. Minuteworld_92

god I'm trying.

7. TiamatNM

TiamatNM Senior Member

japanese is hard bro

fuck NISA

8. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Nothing anyone say in the forum or anywhere will change anything, they already paid for the changes.

But I find important that people show NISA how discontent they are with the situation.

9. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

Yeah at this point I'm just hoping for their death. They don't have many licenses left, so hopefully they'll be gone soon and a good company can pick up the slack.

10. Minuteworld_92

hopefully xseed.

11. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

The only way to fix this is for people to stop buying the games. Money talks. It probably won't fix the censorship but people will stop using NISA to port their games because it always leads to low sales.

12. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Oh shit, guys! They are unto us!

13. Minuteworld_92

I wonder if nisa likes losing sales? I wonder if they're sadists.

14. Blank Slate

Blank Slate Senior Member

I really hope people aren't stupid enough to buy their censored crap. Unfortunately they probably are.

15. Xekus

Xekus Member

Considering how i am already seeing ton of people pissing about how they are pre-ordering, and even people who praise the censorship because otherwise the game would make them feel uncomfortable, they are.

I honestly feel these people have no respect for the industry and video games in general, it's a shame.
    They don't give two fucks about the well-being of this industry, they rather buy into short lived hype.

I'm pretty fucking disappointed in NiSA over this, not that it's anything, but jesus.
    Wish XSeed would just take over their jobs at this point.

16. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Well even with the people dumb enough to do so, considering most of the stuff NISA localizes is niche, they're only going to diminish their already small fanbase. Especially considering that Sega seemed to have dropped them for European releases, that ought to hurt them too. Also weren't NISA recently in danger of shutting down and they said Disgaea 5 was they're only shot at making decent profits.

17. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

I remember when Prinny Supervisor joined, seemed like a swell guy, if not a bit misguided.
    Pretty sure his job is just to relay information from the bureaucrats to the forum members in a friendly manner, since NISA forums were a shitfest of anti-censorship before. Kinda like us, just without people buying shit like Overwatch regardless.
    That Disgaea 5 thing was false, the director (whom I love) jokingly meant that he'd need to find a new line of work if the game didn't sell well. NIS (and much less NISA) were never in any real danger.
    In regards to the Niche market, a Niche is a small, profitable market. In some cases, the profitability is dependent on a low elasticity of demand (such as people buying the game with less concerns about the price, which doesn't happen in the mainstream markets). What NISA has been trying to do is the same thing SqEnix has been doing, and trying to appeal to mainstream markets with Niche products. Basically a 'risk-free' method of obtaining more profit (which is almost impossible btw).
    It's an unwise practice, because it's more greedy than rational. SONY learned this the hard way with their phone market a few years ago (they gave up aiming for high market share because they were drowning in debt). The almost guaranteed profit of niche markets is a very valuable thing. Very stupid of them to forsake what already sustains them.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  18. DeepShitAboutWings

DeepShitAboutWings Senior Member

Normally I find all the whining about censorship here and the website a little annoying.
    (Hello star ocean diapers! hello xenoblade chronicles breasts!)
    To the point people call for a boycott of games which might discourage any other titles to get localized if they lose enough sales. These changes are something I've come to accept to bring these titles here as long as the gameplay,story and most of the writing remains great.
    It's fine to bitch about changes but it's an overreaction to call for a boycott or a jihad.

Here is one of the occasions where I feel people are truly justified for their seething anger.
    This has me scratching my head. The highpoint of this game is the punishing scenes. They're cutting out and changing voices,lines, art etc to localize it.If you're going to take out the only reason people want this or the devs themselves heavily advertised, it should have never left the shores of Japan.
    The mod's treatment of grgspunk is truly deplorable. He brought up plenty of good points even if he was being a little hotheaded about and didn't mince his words.
    Hilarious the people in the NISA forums saying they'll support them wholeheartedly have 10k+ posts. This is just disgusting cringe inducing loyalty to the company than it is for the game.

19. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

Agree, thinks like a few missing images in Dungeon Travellers 2 and Monster Monpiece (which are practically illegal in Canada) are minor things. Basically hypocrites too, except for the nudists.

Probably still a good game, but if they're just going to butcher and remove it, they better at least sell it for a lower price. You're only bringing us half the game, so it's wrong to charge us for the half you cut out. Sekai Project cut out the ero content from NEKO PARA, then sold the game a $5 (whereas the full game is $10). NISA should honestly do the same if they want to remove content.

20. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

The reason that people are against any kind of censorship, no matter how minor, is precisely because it is a slippery slope like this. If you don't make it unprofitable to even consider censorship in any form, then it is just going to continue to get worse.

I've seen people who supported the first Criminal Girls game act surprised that the second one is even worse, totally missing the point that is it because of them that it even got to this point.