The E3 2016 Circus Train

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Heavily Augmented, Apr 12, 2016.

How do you feel about E3?

1. Excited for everything

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Excited for the Microsoft Conference

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Excited for the Sony Conference

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Excited for the Nintendo Conference

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Excited for one or two games (which will probably be neglected)

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  6. Burn it to the ground

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  7. Watching for the cringe

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

So jumping the gun here, but the first large press conference news for E3 has been released and Microsoft's press is set for June 13 and the rest being around June 14-16 (also a Bethesda one but who cares). So what better time to now speculate and discuss on how this show is going to blow!? Who knows, maybe if this thread sees the light of day we could talk about how trash it is when it's live.

-More Todd Howard memes and lies.
    -Talk about TV and "exclusive" games for the Xbone that'll get released for the PC eventually as Microsoft's press conference.
    -EA will talk about mobile, DLC, and multiplayer only games.
    -Aisha Tyler will be on stage because Ubisoft has contempt for their audience.
    -The cycle of yearly Assasin's Creed games will live on with a new Far Cry game and Watch Dogs 2.
    -More gameplay of The Last Guardian without a release date.
    -Ubisoft decides to switch who gets their exclusive DLC this year and have their games for Sony's press conference.
    -People will still circlejerk about Sony winning the press conference despite mostly talking about releases that will go on other systems all the while they're neglect the Vita and the PS4 is still just a Bloodborne machine ATM.
    -Nintendo will cut even more corners for their show and mostly just talk about mostly Amiibos with the inevitable NX reveal.
    -A plethora of downgraded games from how they previously looked (Horizon Zero Dawn, Tom Clancy: Wildlands, FF7 remake, etc.)
    -Shadow Warrior 2 will objectively be the only good FPS shown there.

So what are your speculations and thoughts on this heaping pile of overhyping garbage show years show?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. Ahriman Gonzo

Ahriman Gonzo Senior Member

Shilling, Disapointment, Pixellated Indie shit out the ass, 'Girls play games too OMG!' Re-hashed to death franchises, the fucking of the mouldering corpse of a beloved series, Announcements that sound cool but won't be out for 4 years, Pointless announcements (really-another Fifa game? well I fucking never) and Twitter blowing up when someone makes a Faux Pas against the dominant social regime.
    Cull 'em all like cattle and start again.

3. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

I imagine VR will be the focal point of Sony's conference. Considering the lukewarm (at best) reception Vive and Rift are getting, I hope Sony has some aces up their sleeve...

4. Lex

Lex Senior Member

I expect disappointment. I can't even think what any of the big 3 have coming up to be excited for.

5. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Please, no... every year is the same garbage.

6. Largo

Largo Senior Member

VR will probably come up more than once and not just from Sony I'd wager.

7. Heavily Augmented

NO! WE MUST OVERHYPE THESE PRETTY GRAPHICS TO ADVERTISE OUR SHALLOW PRODUCT! IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE WITH A BUDGET OF HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS (mostly on marketing) AND NEEDS TO SELL AT LEAST HALF THE HUMAN POPULATION TO SPLIT EVEN!
    There's a chance Sony will do it better by just looking at what their competitors are doing wrong along with the fact that they're backed by quite a few more popular developers but at the end of the day, it'll probably be an investment worth buying down the line in a few years if Sony still supports it.

8. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Nothing will ever beat Konami press conferece from 2010.

9. Heavily Augmented

I don't know, that 2013 E3 Microsoft conference will always be in my mind as the time DRM could have gotten worse and the desperation of people got to the point where everyone was praising Sony for doing absolutely nothing.

10. Offendatron_5000

Offendatron_5000 Senior Member

If we see PS4.5, call that th e end of my run as a new game buyer. I'll run out the PS4 and Vita while they are useful and games are made but after that, done. If I wanted hardware I needed to pay hundreds for every 2 years to keep it current, I'd join the master race.

11. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

Pretty much this. Doesn't help that all the nip games are coming out for PC nowadays.

12. GrossMcloss

GrossMcloss Senior Member

I don't care that much about E3 anymore, I just read the news after it's done, watch a few trailers and wait for the inevitable cringe cut of the conferences.

13. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

As I said earlier, I expect Sony's conference to be centered around VR, but I hope it doesn't take away from the regular PS4 games. Seeing that Last Guardian revival last year was impressive, sure - but I wouldn't be surprised if they broke that promise again.

Also, I'd appreciate a more focused effort on PS4 backwards compatibility instead of this Nintendo-like trickle of PS2 rereleases. At least give us all the PS1 games that are already on PSN.

14. Heavily Augmented

I could imagine they would demand you to rebuy those PS1 games even if you bought them digitally for the PS3.

15. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

If this were any other company, I'd agree with you, but Sony is actually quite good with their digital library - you can play games purchased in like 2007 on a PSP on a current Vita/PS3, for example.

On the other hand, if they did what they do with PS2 games on PS4 - manually upscale the graphics to 1080p and add achievement support - then they'd probably be big old Jews about it.

16. Heavily Augmented

That's fair enough and hopefully Sony will be like the former of your two examples, but with these PS2 remasters and the renting streaming service (Playstation Now if I'm correct) for PS3 games, is worrying.

17. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

PS Now is the biggest crock of shit I can think of. Digital distribution was supposed to replace rentals. Just let me buy Mirror's Edge, you losers!

18. Heavily Augmented

It's worse in the fact that it has to be a streaming service so good luck trying to play a hack and slash game constantly dropping frames! Also the prices look fucking absurd. $60 for a single year rental of something like DX:HR yet I could just buy it for $5 on a Steam sale and actually own it.

19. SevenforfiveSarge

SevenforfiveSarge Senior Member

Hopefully Sony is able to impress

20. Domi

Domi Senior Member

I'd vote for "Excited to see more cringe-worthy fun" ;)