That new Berserk series...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Heavily Augmented, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Well just watched the first episode and even ignoring the really bad CGI, it was awful. The tone was just all over the fucking place without any proper pacing and just made we want the read the manga/watch the original anime again. Doesn't help that it seems to be going at a breakneck speed considering the outro is already teasing the Holy Iron Chain Knights while also skipping out on the battle with the Snake Baron. Another issue is the music as it felt unfitting most of the time and had some really bad placements where no music would have been better.

As glad as I am that these anime adaptions are finally out of the Golden Age Arc, this feels like the worst possible way to do so. The only good thing about it is the OP which looks like it was animated by a completely different studio and actually looked good.

2. Rie

Rie Senior Member

I haven't seen/read any of Berserk but I was quite enjoying that opening and then it harshly transitioned into the CGI stuff. Just looks so shit. At least it made me want to watch the original series more than I already did.

3. Heavily Augmented

You should watch the original (and then watch the outtakes) along with the manga if you're interested enough. The quality difference between the first episode of the 1997 to the new one is apparent from the first few minutes. Hell, it's amazing how much they're cutting corners for this specific series (already announced before the first episode aired that the "Lost Children" arc would be cut out).

4. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

I know nothing about Berserk, but I hear there is going to be a "rape horse" in this adaptation? I desperately need to see this.

5. Heavily Augmented

Considering that Farnese (the girl with the whip at the end preview) is already interrogating Guts, it's going to be pretty soon (like episode 4 or even 3 if they keep up the speedy pace). Also the character in the scene you're talking about doesn't get raped (just almost) so if you're into sort of thing, keep your manhood down now before you get disappointed.

6. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

uh............ I don't know how to fell about this judging from the opening...

7. Minuteworld_92

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Berserk-2016/Episode-001?id=127353

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS PACING? WHY ARE THE 3D MODELS SO FUCKING SHIT? IS THIS A KOEI TECMO GAME OR AN ANIME? WHY THE FUCK IS THERE SO LITTLE ACTUAL ANIMATION!? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU FINALLY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A GREAT ANIME OUT OF A BELOVED MANGA AND YOU SOIL IT!

[​IMG]

8. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Worst birthday present ever.

9. Cael

Cael Recruit

So, uh... Casca is white now?

10. Minuteworld_92

OFCOURSE. WE CAN'T HAVE BLACK PEOPLE GETTING RAPED! THAT'D BE RACIST!

forgot I had caps lock on.

11. Heavily Augmented

Well... maybe this could make a good wallpaper for your birthday which is from the new show.
    [​IMG]

I don't know, for some reason most of the shots in the trailer gave the impression that she was yet the one at the end with the water definitely had her as black... it's just one episode in and this has turned into an utter clusterfuck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  12. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

She was never black. She had darker skin but she was implied to be from the Spain equivalent in Midland. The Kushan empire seems to be the only actual non European nation so far.

13. Heavily Augmented

Well you're right that she's not black, but just darker skinned. At the same time though, some parts of the intro (like this) seem to have her skin look white while others (like this one) is darker skin. Maybe I'm just looking into this so far and sure, the studio who did the intro is different from the people who are making the CGI fest, but it's this type of incompetence that baffles me on how this could be overlooked. I'm not screaming "racist" or anything, but it's just annoying.

14. Minuteworld_92

why couldn't madhouse do this?

15. Raziel Barkrai

Raziel Barkrai Senior Member

What's up with the penciled-in shadows look? The traditional animation is so sparse you might as well just make the entire thing CG and the soundtrack sounds like it's all over the place too.

16. Cael

Cael Recruit

17. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Rape Horse is the best character.

[​IMG]

18. Heavily Augmented

Okay nevermind, the intro's even fucked.

[​IMG]

19. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

The rape still is the only thing I liked about the intro. Everything else doesn't even look like Berserk.

20. GrossMcloss

GrossMcloss Senior Member

Oh god, it's there a version of this without the text? I need it so much