Shows you just got done watching

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Minuteworld_92, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

I just finished freezing and am about to watch the 2nd season. You probably never heard of it. I just go to a streaming site, pick a genre (romance for me) and I just watch random shit that catches my interest.
    Usually.

Freezing is an anime that isn't afraid to show bare tits... Loved it.

[​IMG]

What anime's have you finished recently?

2. Nin

Nin Senior Member

Jubei-chan S1. It's pretty good for an old comedy anime with a few serious moments here or there. I expected a bit more fan service, but that's my own fault. I might watch season 2 down the line.

3. hina

hina Senior Member

Been looking at some ecchi stuff I skipped during the last couple years since I wanted something relaxing to watch while I work on the subs for Valkyrie Drive Mermaid. So far...

Freezing, the story is the best thing about it especially in season 2 but unfortunately the characters aren't too interesting and the amount of fan service is limited to just boobs while other shows tried pushed the boundaries so I was somewhat dissapointed since I was expecting more.

Vanadis, while multiple sites labeled it as ecchi it had none otherwise it was decent but not that memorable so I recommend watching if you're curious but otherwise can be skipped.

Unbreakable machine doll, while labeled as ecchi it wasn't either but the story was good and the characters were interesting plus the art direction is quite good.

4. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Cross Ange, a good anime with a bad first episode but got much better.

5. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Seriously? Cause boy did that first ep suck shit.

6. Nin

Nin Senior Member

Cross Ange was very fun. I think it was about the 4th episode where I started thinking that the main character was a likable bitch rather than an unlikable one.

Everyone seemed to complain about lesbian prision rape, but that type of thing happens in real life often enough.

7. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

The doujins from that artist set are better and far more coherent, and you also don't have to suffer horrendous plot—you get instead exactly what you came for.

Can't say I can attribute much, otherwise. My list is more "shows I started and never bothered to finish". I'm going to grind my way through Shivalry of a Failed Knight. I need to finish off Argevollen, which started kinda cool, got a bit better, but then went straight "you can predict this like Gundam Wing" territory.

I guess S1 of Shoukukegi no Souma counts. Likewise, One Punch Man. Loved the fuck outta both. So much that I started digging into OPM. Much to my horror, the author went into a goddamned tournament arc. Kill me.

8. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I threw the prison rape into the category of "Shit Sunrise does to get a rise from the crowd", much like Mai HiME, Geass, even Mai Otome, etc. If I can find it, I'll give it another shot. I kinda miss the incredible lack of full cour 26+ episode jaunts in my diet.

9. Nin

Nin Senior Member

It's streaming in Crunchyroll still if you're worried about legality.

10. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Yeah, even though it was a cavity search not a rape.

It's on Kissanime, the first 3 episodes are so-so but it gets much better after.

11. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Pft. Noted.

12. Nin

Nin Senior Member

>streaming from a crappy website
    If you're gonna pirate, go all the way. Not to mention that the video file is stuck in your cache.

This is hardly the place to explain piracy 101 though.

13. Minuteworld_92

I fucking loved opm. Can't wait for the second season. I know about the manga but meh.

14. Minuteworld_92

Kissanime is just more convenient tbh. I use that and animegg

15. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Well it's free and the streaming is decent enough.

16. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

I'm ashamed to admit I was one of those people back then...

Anyway, I recently finished rewatching Gundam 00, this time with my brother. Boy, that second season's last half was fucking terrible. And the movie was awesome until the ending happened.

(Oh yeah, and Valkyrie Drive's anime is bloody solid. Really enjoyed it.)

17. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Nothing o be shamed about. Poor execution is poor execution, no matter the subject. A lot of manga go for that stock angle of shock-through-sexploitation, and I usually disengage as a result. Example: people absolutely love High School of the Dead, but I can't get into it. The sex and the violence is too goofy for me.

18. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Well, the violence and the grandstanding. lol the sex doesn't exist.

19. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

I agree, but I'm talking about having a feminist-induced hissy fit over that episode. That was me about two years ago.

20. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Huh. You live, you learn.