Sharin No Kuni Crowdfunding Project

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Nonscpo, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Member

So over a week ago the folks at Frontwing launched a Prefundia page for their first crowdfunding campaign without Sekai Project. The folks at Frontwing are attempting to localize an AKABEi SOFT2 title called Sharin No Kuni, and while the initial response was to be expected due to a misunderstanding of how the visual novel community would respond to their initial plans, it seems that their PR folks are at least taking in all the criticism and considering it. Seeing as how we've got some ways to go, let the discussion begin:

Sharin no Kuni - A Japanese Visual Novel Localization Project | Prefundia

2. DeepShitAboutWings

DeepShitAboutWings Senior Member

Is this another one of those "Sorry we won't release a patch or even give an option of an 18+ version"?

3. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

No presence of Sekai Project? That's a surprise. I'll keep it on my radar, at least.

4. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Member

5. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

That seems really high. I'm not into VNs, is this a popular one? I'd hope so with that high of a goal.

6. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Member

It's an older one, but it checks out, I was about to let them through XD

Yeah it's an older title, but it's not one that I'm too knowledgeable about, so I can't really state how popular it is. 140K really isn't that much when you consider the budgets for some other Kickstarters; Libra, Muv Luv, and Clannad where all in the 125k-150k territory. I'd argue that the fact that there giving away the 18+ patch for free, that alone makes it worth backing!