Road Map for Niche Gamer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Brandon, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon Big Papa Overlord Staff Member

Hi everyone - now that we've been up for a day or two now, I wanted to sincerely thank everyone for the amazing response we've seen with our forums! Over a thousand posts, and we're rapidly approaching 300 members!

I've been monitoring our feedback and stuff, I have really little free time these days so I'm trying to get some of these things implemented ASAP. Please know that I'm trying to get to it with any free time I have.

You're all probably wondering what's next for Niche Gamer, however? Well, our redesign is currently in the prep phase, and we'll be moving into actual production soon once we've negotiated a price and such with a development team I'm contracting out.

The main thing is that we're looking to relaunch with our new visual design and the backbone of the new infrastructure at the beginning of next year. From there we'll roll out updates in phases with new features, like user blogs, dedicated game pages, wikis, and more.

The goal is to build the site up into more of an encyclopedic hub, and not just a news blog. While we do this, our focus is to retain the minimalist style we're known for, while also making all this new information easy to browse to.

The more you guys support us, the more we can grow and give you, the gamer and our fan, more power. I truly want to build up a new, vibrant, and exciting community where you all can visit every day and not be in fear of getting tone-policed or lied to.

Thank you, everyone <3

2. Geb

Geb Señor Member

Today, big anime tiddy games.
    Tomorrow, the world.

3. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Thanks Brandon for making this in the first place.

4. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Good luck, going to see how the site is going to grow even further.

5. AstralFireIII

AstralFireIII Established Recruit

So you're making early '00s 1up.com?

I am okay with this.

6. Naoto

Naoto Member

(。・з・)ゞ Certainly a just and honorable cause if there ever was one.

7. Chaos

Chaos Senior Member

Said it a lot before, but I'll say it again. One thing I love about your guys site is I never feel "tricked" or baited into reading an article. Other sites posting shit like "You won't believe what just happened to Street Fighter V." then the rest of the article is all "Laura has boobs ICKY CACA POOPOO." So sick and tired of that shit.

Can't wait to see the site grow, definitely looking forward to the future of Niche.

8. Offendatron_5000

Offendatron_5000 Senior Member

Keep doing what you're doing Brandon & staff! The things you have all been doing have been a vast improvement over your much larger competition. Take those colossus' down, Wander!

9. Meinos Kaen

Meinos Kaen Well-Known Member

What this guy said. What I really like about the site is that the titles are honest. They tell you from the get go what's inside, but without getting too longwinded and actually catching your interest.

Kinda what the Escapist always tries and fails to do.

10. Arin Groznyj

Arin Groznyj Recruit

I only started going to escapist to see what the heck they expected Lizzy to do, but I noticed that's a big problem with all parts of the site. Middle of the road between being a normal gaming site like NG or sega16 or TR and going full on Gameranx.
    Smells of the old "Try to please everyone fail to please any" adage.