Recent Purchases?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Largo, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Ice Apollo

Ice Apollo Anime is HARAM

where is the best place to start with the persona/smt games

2. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

Imo you can start where you want really, while references and connections with other titles always exist, most of them are stand alone, so if you want to start with P5, that shouldn't be a problem.
    Exceptions of duologies I know of that should be played in order: Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment, Devil Survivor 1&2, Digital Devil Saga 1&2, Demon Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs... 1&2, also maybe you should play Persona 3&4 before playing Persona Q as that puts both games' characters together, but I don't know how crucial it is for the enjoyment of Q.

3. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

I couldn't resist and bought The Disney Afternoon Collection on PSN, those 6 games are imo the pinnacle of Disney games.
    Love the extras like Boss rush, what's especially cool is that you can actually watch the runs of the top 50 in Boss rush and speedrun and learn from the best basically.
    For those who don't know, this is a collection of NES ports that come with a save function (whenever you want) and an instant rewind function (not for speedrun and boss rush of course) like some Rare Replay games have.
    The games are
    DuckTales 1
    DuckTales 2
    Darkwing Duck (my personal favorite)
    Chip 'n Dale 1
    Chip 'n Dale 2
    Talespin (imo the weakest game here, but not bad.)

Just sad it isn't getting a retail release.