Project Re:Link- Granblue Fantasy game by Platinum Games

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Battlechili, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

This was announced today. It appears to be an action RPG developed as a collaboration between Cygames and Platinum Games based on the phone game, Granblue Fantasy. People who watched a stream are saying it was announced to be in development for PC, but I don't have confirmation on that.
    A PS4 release is also probable based on this:
    Cygames boss: 'no comment' on Granblue Fantasy for PS4 - Gematsu

2. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Neat. Looks pretty.

3. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

Platinum has needed to get out of their slump as of late, so hopefully this looks to be a change of pace for them.

4. hina

hina Senior Member

Can't wait for the micro transactions and gacha stupidity.

5. Lex

Lex Senior Member

I like the character designs, and they seem to be doing alright realising them. I'll keep an eye out.

6. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Well the art style looks quite nice from some of the promo art and the trailer does a good job of representing it. Hoping the game isn't just microtransaction filled like the supposed phone app.

[​IMG]

7. Raziel Barkrai

Raziel Barkrai Senior Member

Looks pretty good. Platinum does a good job having a solid art style and animations. It's nice seeing them try different genres instead being stuck with making action games, not that that's bad or anything, but it's all they've been doing since MGR.

8. Colt Machina

Colt Machina Recruit

looks nice.My question is what team doing it since platinium has three teams. Team Kamiya, Team Inaba (i like this team) or Team 3 who made korra and transformers games.

9. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Something to keep an eye out for. It seems pretty.

10. Nagato

Nagato Member

Inaba is a producer; he doesn't have his own teams where he acts as director.

Plus Korra and TF: Devastation were made by different teams: the former and TMNT were done by Eiro Shirahama, whereas the latter was done by Kenji Saito, of Revengance fame (not to be confused with Yosuke Saito of Square, who's producer on Automata).