Obligatory Art/Design Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by Hrist, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

It is time.

So, advertise your art or maybe bring up a particularly good artist that you are fond of. Discuss, talk and critique.

*shameless advertising as I point to my signature*

2. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

DAMMIT MAN! I WAS STILL LOGGED IN TO DA AND THE MATURE CONTENT SHOWED UP BY DEFAULT! SOME OF US BROWSE FROM SCHOOL OR WORK YOU FUCKING DRAWFAG FUNGUS-INFESTED CUNT.

On-topic:
    This is the limit of my artistic ability atm. Used to be able to do more on Windows 7 with PhotoShop CS6, but Windows 10 is a glorified spybot and Adobe is shit, so getting used to Gimp and Krita. Obviously I can't actually draw that well since I'm not a massive fag, not like I'm jealous or anything.
    [​IMG]

3. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

I loled. don't be so tsun tsun.

Who's that photoshopped in your picture getting squashed?

On topic - I'm trying out several other programs myself, like SAI, Clipstudio and of course Photoshop to draw and color. And my color theory is shit, need moar practice.

4. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

That's DarksydePhil, LPer most famous for his difficulties in his MGS playthroughs.

Your colour seems to be what you do best, imo. In that regard though, consider making more use of contrast. One of my Math profs was doing research on some of the most famous, valuable art pieces, and a trend they have that others don't is a wide range of contrasts, used in frequencies that resemble a bell curve (ie; some high, some low, lots of mid). Even dismissing that, contrast adds a lot to a piece, try to be more autistic and generous in your use of shades, even in small sections. Aside from that, you've been improving at a pretty decent pace. Charles Schulz was successful by drawing a comic strip each day. Keep up the practice, and your art will be in wizards' creepy shrines in time.

5. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Does anyone go on Pixiv? I do have some artists that I follow, like Alpha Alf Layla NSFW duh.

Cool, I'll check it out.

Ahahaha, thanks. I'll aim for a altar first. :>

6. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Ahh DSP tries it, funny stuff.

7. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

Lol, watching him eat a burger and try to sound like a legit connoisseur/critic still hasn't gotten old. His NBA playthroughs are pretty golden too, his 3 hours of character creation seriously puts Hollywood comedy to shame.

I use Pixiv, and have the App on my phone, but since I normally just grab images from boorus, I find it difficult to keep up with Pixiv artists. It doesn't help that half of it is in moon runes and I can never remember my password. A lot of pieces I like are from Pixiv, but searching is too hard, lol.

8. cerebro podrido

cerebro podrido Senior Member

Untitled
    I'm not too great but I try my best

9. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

Moar of dis pl0x <3
    [​IMG]

10. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

I loled, though I'm not sure what is happening. Looks like one of them started burning down everything and the other girl hosed her down, or something. lol.

Yeah, sometimes it's irritating. :<

The phone app is easier for me to use, since I have truckloads of artists that I'm following. But sometimes it's the darn internet not loading anything for me.

11. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

If you're going back to basics, what I have learned during polytechnic and by myself is to practice simple shapes and do it regularly. If I could compare what I used to draw, I bet that anyone will go wtf at my old drawings, seriously.

And that, good luck! I guess get more reference books on anatomy to start out, if you can afford some.

12. Steven T.

Steven T. Recruit

I've been doing artwork seriously since 2006. I primarily post my art on DeviantArt and Pixiv. The kinds of art are actually split between the two. In short, Pixiv contains my art plus my R-18 stuff (and in the future hardcore R-18). Here's a sample of what I do.[​IMG]
    You can few the full pic on DeviantArt:
    May I Help You? (this is the name of the pic, and it's a link)

And the R-18 version is on Pixiv (This one requires a login though. Sucks)
    いらしゃいませ 【店主~ウィンズオブサンダー】 | デッドフェニックス/再定義・P [pixiv]

13. Gekikara

Gekikara Recruit

Sorry for the necro post, but I figure I could post a quick gif I made during my spare time, I have other pieces, but don't have much to share.

[​IMG]

14. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

Lips are moving too fast and the eyelids too slow.

15. crimsonstorm15

crimsonstorm15 Recruit

i have a deviantArt account that i update from time to time. the content is mostly fanart, requests from friends, and a few redesigns for some of my favorite characters. the link is in my signature.

16. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

Does cross stitching and sewing count for this thread? (tee-hee no pun intended.)

17. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

You guys need to make more lewds.

You're the most aunt-like person I've ever met. You should be off somewhere knitting mittens for grandchildren or playing competitive scrabble on Facebook.

18. DigiGuineaPig

I hate children though :(

Anyway here's an Umaru-chan I've been working on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work in progress!

19. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Not bad, you done this kind of thing before?

20. DigiGuineaPig

Yeah.