Nintendo Switch Presentation

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Battlechili, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

2 HOURS LEFT
    GET HYPE
    POST PREDICTIONS

My predictions:
    • $200 price point with better version at $250
    • 6 hour battery life
    • Splatoon, Super Sm4sh Bros, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Ever Oasis, and Nier Automata are all receiving Switch ports
    • Shin Megami Tensei V, Devil Survivor 3, Rune Factory 5, Pokemon Stars, a new Crystal Chronicles game, Metroid Prime 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold 3, and Pokemon Super Ultimate Omega Mystery Dungeon & Knuckles (with Dante from the Devil May Cry series) will all be announced for it
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Skyrim will be launch titles

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Member

Its actually region free. I wasn't expecting that but Im pretty fucking glad it is.

3. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

Well my expectations were pretty low, still disappointed, I mean Xenoblade 2 fuck yeah, looks awesome, but depending of how NoA fucks this one up I might have to wait till someone hacks the system so I can play the JP version with fan subs.
    SMT, no gameplay, also probably censored again to shreds like TMS, can't have exclusive M rated anime games on Nintendo.
    As far as I see it right now, i will not buy the Switch till Mario comes out and the price goes down, I will, if at all because I get SotC syndrome from the empty open world, buy Zelda for Wii U, but only a few days later a much better game aka Nier Automata will come out, so probably not a release purchase, amybe in a month where nothing else of interest gets released.

Also there is no NMH3 so far, he said he is working on a game starring Travis and something about wrestling, could be anything, not necessarily a NMH (I hope that translator was fired afterwards, he was awful).

Also WTF EA? That arrogant piece of shit gaijin stands there and all he has is soccer, great EA support.

300 withouw game is too much, infact the EU price is 330€, without game this is ridiculously overpriced.

Well at least Platinum and Marvelous are on the 3rd party list, but that doesn't mean much.

No, I have to deal with the fact, Nintendo lost me, new full 3D Mario looks great but they just can't get me anymore with their gimmicks and novelty shit, 1,2, Switch my ass.

4. TheNecroswanson

TheNecroswanson Senior Member

Not really excited.
    I mean, I'm a total whore and am going to buy it, but I wasn't really given any impetous to do so.

5. Kemonomimi4Lyfe

Kemonomimi4Lyfe Recruit

If it was region-locked, I would have written it off completely. The fact that it isn't has me seriously considering getting one in the future. However, $299.99 is still too much given the current lineup. I like the flexibility of a console-handheld hybrid, but I only ever have the time to game at home so the handheld aspect isn't a factor for me.

So far, my only must-buy is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but knowing Treehouse, there's a good chance I'll end up importing it. Super Mario Odyssey looks OK, but something about it felt... off (the semi-realistic NYC-looking city with normal-proportioned humans contrasted weirdly with Mario, and some of the levels looked sparse). No real hype for anything else so far.

Just gonna wait and see. I'm cautiously optimistic that the Switch could succeed where the Wii U failed.

6. NanoNekomata

NanoNekomata Recruit

I know its unlikely to happen, but I swear to fuck Zelda better have dual audio. The english performance was awful, especially Zelda. When she cried it gave me chills.

Otherwise I thought it was a pretty awful showing. Mario, SMT, Xenoblade, Zelda, and Splatoon 2 along with no region locking all looked great but everything else was just fucking boring. It reminded me of the Pro showing, the difference being that's an optional upgrade. The launch line up looks barren for this thing, though I pre ordered one along with Zelda for $57 at Best Buy but if news is no dual audio I'll import a copy from Japan.

7. Akuro19

Akuro19 Recruit

Well, I am planning on getting the switch firstly for fire emblem warriors. The fangasm I had when that game was announced was too much for me to bear, as I wanted that game since sacred stones.

However, I'm gonna wait until I know more about the game. Like a release window or something. Because I love koei tecmo and all, I don't want to repeat the same mistake I had with the wii u, where I bought the game for Warriors Orochi and Bayonetta, then got bored too quick from the selection of games and sold the console.

8. Thismare89

Thismare89 Recruit

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  9. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

Isn't the Fate series owned by Sony or something? Apparently Fate/Extella is getting a release on the Switch in July.