Mobile phone gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by JSFLegacy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. JSFLegacy

JSFLegacy Recruit

So, I recently stopped having a crappy phone and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S6. Soon afterwards I though about filling it up with videogames but the market is so saturated that it isn't very easy to find the worthwhile stuff. So, in this thread I suggest that we post what we play/played on our phones and what we though of it. Here are my 2 cents:

Pokemon Shuffle - Can't go wrong with Pokemon themed Candy Crush. It does get a bit pay2win but it's a decent time waster.
    Cytus - Really neat rythm game. Love it and its business model.
    FFPortal Triple Triad - It's the FF8 triple triad and another good time waster for my commute.
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper - I couldn't get into this game at all. I though the idea was pretty neat, but it was just so overwhelming with mechanics and stuff to keep track off that I though that it wasn't my cup of tea for a mobile game.
    Fallout Shelter - I enjoyed this for a while and then I spent a few days without being able to take care of my vault and everything went to hell. Too parasitic on your time for my taste

2. BadMrFrostii

BadMrFrostii Recruit

I don't have too many mobile games outside of free ones, but a few I really enjoy are Crowntakers, and Dungeon Village.
    I haven't played too much Crowntakers, but it's a pretty fun, sort of SRPG game with permadeath.
    Dungeon Village is just management, but it's the only mobile game I've actually played from beginning, to end, and I'm not even a big fan of the genre. It's just a lot of fun.

Also, a fun free game on the Google Play Store is Shattered Pixel Dungeon. It's a fun little rogue-lite that you can sit down and enjoy for bits at a time. While it does have in-app purchases, I've never felt like I needed them to continue enjoying the game.

That said, for free apps, keep a watch on Amazon. They have a lot of apps for free from time to time, that's actually have I got my hands on Dungeon Village, and on occasions the Humble Bundle games come with a mobile version, which is how I got Crowntakers, and some others.

3. Naoto

Naoto Member

Mostly just have Fallout Shelter (which got bored with pretty quick) and FF Record Keeper.
    Would definitely recommend Monument Valley. Beautiful game.

4. AstralFireIII

AstralFireIII Established Recruit

Brave Frontier is a decent free to play battle RPG -- fun story, lovely pixel art and decent mechanics. Gets a bit grindy and long-winded later though.

Love Live School Idol Festival is an excellent rhythm game.

Threes! is a decent puzzler.

5. Chregoria

Chregoria Niche's Anime Guy Staff Member

Love Live's game takes up a fair portion of my time on mobile, but you run out of stamina so fast you can only play a few songs at once.

On the other hand, I've been playing a shit ton of Mabinogi Duel. Probably my favorite card game on mobile, considering it's actually played like a card game, and has a fair amount of strategy involved. You can even trade cards with people and play against one another locally which is just awesome for a mobile game. It kinda sucks that more don't work that way.

I played Fate/Grand Order for a while too, but eased up quite a bit after I found a team I liked...

6. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

7. Noritama

Noritama Recruit

The walkingdead games are pretty decent

8. snugdarkly

snugdarkly Recruit

I want to try Mabinogi Duel but the blasted game didn't show up on the play store for me. I'm currently downloading the apk from some other site to see if that will work.

9. snugdarkly

snugdarkly Recruit

Man Mabinogi Duel is legit.

10. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

What is it exactly?

11. snugdarkly

snugdarkly Recruit

It's some kind of card game on android. I'm sure it's on iphone too but that's where I'm playing it. I couldn't find it on the play store for some reason so I downloaded the apk somewhere. I'm guessing the play store thought my Note 4 wasn't compatible for some reason but that's only a guess.

12. snugdarkly

snugdarkly Recruit

Honestly it feels so much more professional than most of the other games I've played thus far.

13. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Oh OK, I might give it a shot. Thanks.

14. FallenSachiel

FallenSachiel Recruit

I've been playing Fate/Grand Order and Neko Atsume lately. I used to play a lot of Brave Frontier, but gotten bored with it.

15. bigwilliestyles

bigwilliestyles Established Recruit

The only game I'll really ever consider buying is that PewDiePie one. It looks fun. Would rather play it on Steam, obviously.

16. Rie

Rie Senior Member

Cytus is great for killing a few minutes definitely. Some of the later songs are ridiculous though.

Steven Universe Attack the Light was pretty fun too, but I lost interest after a while cause it was a bit repetitive, even for a basic RPG. Great as a fan of the series though, really nice graphics and animation.

Pokemon Shuffle was fun for a while but I got very frustrated at how pay2win it got.

Sonic Runners is another one. I don't go back to it often, but I usually have a good time when I do.

17. snugdarkly

snugdarkly Recruit

I can attest to Cytus being great. I really need to re-download this one.
    Edit:New Phone

18. AstralFireIII

AstralFireIII Established Recruit

Downloaded the APK for Mabinogi Duel last night (it's not available in the UK Google Play store for some reason) and it looks absolutely gorgeous as well as actually appearing to have some gameplay to it beyond "collect cards, level them up", too. Here's a link to download the APK if anyone needs it.

19. Chregoria

Chregoria Niche's Anime Guy Staff Member

We totally should get a small community for Mabinogi Duel going here so we can trade cards and stuff! If you want to add me as a friend, my name is Azyryu.

20. Rie

Rie Senior Member

Downloaded it and gave it a shot. I haven't played much of this genre of game, but it reminds me a lot of hearthstone already. It's pretty much what I remember Hearthstone being when I played it one time months ago, but on mobile.
    It does look great graphically though.

Thanks for the link too.