Let's talk about movies.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dendro Batidae, Mar 6, 2016.

1. TheNecroswanson

TheNecroswanson Senior Member

Have you seen the latest one? I think it's Revelations.
    Sort of a shitty, "we have to make SOMETHING or we lose the rights" type deal. Not great, but pretty good, certainly better than the what.... Six between 2 and it.

2. Ophelmark

Ophelmark Established Recruit

Nah dude...but i'll give it a try.But...i'll be honest.I don't expect too much.Not because i don't believe you but because like a year ago i was in a comic bookstore.Browsing the comics just to waste time.And then i saw a Hellraiser comic and i was like nice.So i started to buy the older issues that they had left.Then in one of the new issues they replaced the original pinhead with some chick and i was like...sigh...here we go again.Why do i keep wasting my time.Oh did i also mentioned i bought a few Conan comics and they were more at least to me like one of those books written for soccer moms?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. Ophelmark

Alright i watched Night Of The Living Dead with the commentary from James Rolfe i think in Cinnemamassacre.Sorry i'm a bit drunk.But i learned two things.One i think i already knew or at least had a good guess.First the main actor was hired not because he had an excess of blackness or because the makers of the movie wanted to look progresive.Nope.They hired him because HE WAS THE BEST ACTOR THEY GOT.Second.At the end of the movie were he gets shot.That scene despite what many people think...never had any intention to be a social commentary on racial issues at all.Here is the links for anyone who wants to watch it.
    http://cinemassacre.com/2013/10/31/night-of-the-living-dead-1968-full-commentary/

4. TheNecroswanson

TheNecroswanson Senior Member

The comics got really bad. Like, Pinhead gets replace, multiple times, and layers of hell go to war with each other. It's incredibly stupid.
    I don't know what it is about Clive Barker, but he absolutely cannot make comics or video games.

5. Ophelmark

Great movie.Avoid the us remake like the plague.
    [​IMG]

6. Ophelmark

Honestly while i was watching this movie.At first i thought it was just okay.But then the story started to get more and more bizarre.And way more interesting.At one point i was honestly wondering what was going on.Overall a great movie.
    [​IMG]

7. Ophelmark

Well i watched this movie and it was ok.Unfortunately this movie lacks something that i find quintessential in the movies i love.And that is sympathetic characters.I mean i kinda relate with the two dudes traveling to Mexico and having fun.It makes me remember the times when i traveled with some of my friends to another city to attend some Metal concerts and then drinking in random bars...having fun with some prostitutes.But besides that there was nothing for me to feel bad about what happened with them.This movie would have been so much better if they actually gave some depth to their characters.Try to write them like they are actually human beings like us.So we actually give two shits to what happens to them or their families.
    [​IMG]

8. Ophelmark

This movie was pretty good.The special effects in particular were quite good.Unfortunately it has never been released officially in the west.So the only way to watch it is a VHS rip on youtube with eye bleeding resolution.Maybe someday a nice weeb would get the japanese bluray and torrent it.I hope.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017