Let's talk about movies.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dendro Batidae, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

I don't know what to say. This actually looks fun.

2. Ophelmark

Ophelmark Established Recruit

This movie might just be for hardcore horror fans like me.As cheesy as it is.It has it's funny moments.Props for not going for the cliche ending.
    [​IMG]

This is one of those movies with a clear cut message.It's about how we treat animals like shit.I always wondered why movies like this didn't bothered me.Maybe the reason is that there were actual real issues back then.Unlike now were everything is blown out of proportion just so some people can call themselves ''heroes''.
    [​IMG]

3. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

I think it was more about slavery.

4. Annie T. Mood

Annie T. Mood Established Recruit

5. Ophelmark

Nah man i even read the book that they used to make this movie.And although it's been a while...this movie is pretty faithful.Save a few exceptions.In the story...humans were treated as wild animals.The only thing the apes used them was for experiments.They only had them caged.Like we put animals that are too dangerous for humans.Even Dr Zaius said that the apes tried to domesticate humans but they gave up.The only thing i'm not sure...it's that scene with the statue of liberty.I'm not sure if they added it cause in those times everybody was shitting themselves because they were scared of a nuclear war.

6. Ophelmark

That's a pretty good movie.

7. Ophelmark

Great movie.Some people bitch cause the movie isn't that faithful to the original story but i honestly don't give a damn.This movie was awesome.
    [​IMG]

After having a lot of problems trying to ''get'' sorority babes in the slimeball bowl-o-rama and postponing watching slaves girls from beyond infinity.I remembered watching a pretty good documentary about H.P Lovecraft this week.So i thought fuck it.Let's watch Re-Animator.Despite being a loose adaptation of one of the best Lovecraft stories.Still it was pretty good.
    [​IMG]

Might as well link the docu i was talking about Lovecraft.Honestly i was a bit surprised they didn't go full hate on him.Since a lot of SJWS hate him to the bones.

8. Ophelmark

Finally ''got'' this movie.And it was worth it.The movie itself would only probably be enjoyed by a hardcore fan of old horror movies like me(sexy chicks showing their attributes,cheesy horror,etc).But besides that the...ahem...file i got it was loaded with trailers of movies of the same type.And in one of those movies i saw someone i never thought i would see as one of the main actors.Bill Maher.Saying something that honestly made me clap(he was shitting on feminists and some other things).I honestly forgot the name but the main story was about him and some other chick traveling to some place were some amazonian tribe chicks lived.
    [​IMG]

After watching some streams of people playing the game based on this franchise i felt the itch to watch this movies again.Tho to be honest this one in particular wasn't as good as the ones were Jason is the main star.This movie remind me why this franchise isn't one of my favorites.I just find some of the endings of this movies too armor plotish.Tho to be honest in this one i kinda accept the ending of the last survivor.Since Jason wasn't even in this movie.
    [​IMG]

9. Ophelmark

Much better than the first one.In everything.Better executions.Hotter chicks.And Jason of course is a much better killer than his mommy.I'll be honest.The main reason i'm rewatching them is cause in the game there is this character called Tommy Jarvis that is known as the only one that managed to kill Jason.But i really don't remember him.Maybe cause he appears in the movies i didn't watch.I stopped watching the Jason movies cause i grow tired of the survivor with plot armor cliche that this movies have.
    [​IMG]

I also watched some game center cx.I think Arino is hilarious and it's even better when he plays western games.If you guys are interested check the shows were he plays Out Of This World,Punch-out and Prince Of Persia.Man i hope one day he plays Corpse Party tho that game might be too hardcore for his audience.

10. Ice Apollo

Ice Apollo Anime is HARAM

how are the Fridaythe thirteenth movies , how many are worth the watch

11. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Just the first two, skip the rest.

12. Ice Apollo

13. Ophelmark

You can't go wrong with Friday the 13th:The Final Chapter.It's the best one in my opinion.

14. Ophelmark

Even tho this movie gives Jason his iconic hockey mask is by far the worst one of the series.Besides boring executions and even ripping off scenes from previous movies.The biggest sin this movie makes is that they turn the cold blooded killer Jason was into a mumbling dumbass.In this movie he looks more like a drunkard with a mask trying to kill fools.
    [​IMG]

Unlike the previous chapter this is the best Jason movie i have seen.If you are going to watch a Friday The 13th movie watch this one.You won't regret it.
    [​IMG]

15. Ophelmark

The only thing this movie did was ruining the character of Tommy Jarvis.And if that isn't enough the executions are badly made and to top it off.Jason wasn't even in this movie.Don't waste your time with it.
    [​IMG]

Another great movie by Paul WS Anderson.Well before he started doing those garbage RE movies.
    [​IMG]

16. TheNecroswanson

TheNecroswanson Senior Member

Event Horizon is one of my absolute favorite horror movies.
    It's just a shame we'll never be able to get a director's cut.

17. Ice Apollo

[​IMG]

Watched the prestige again too remind myself why its my favourite movie
    Man , I love everything about it and how many small details you can pick up on multiple watches
    I highly recommend it

18. nortin

nortin Recruit

I loved watching the inception, Christopher Nolan is a good director.

19. Ophelmark

Honestly i fell sleep after they killed the blonde chick.I only caught the ending.It was okay.
    [​IMG]

20. Ophelmark

A mega classic horror movie.It's such a shame that the sequels didn't live up to it.
    [​IMG]