ITT we post unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'The Edge of Space' started by Lex, Jan 13, 2016.

1. TheManWithPants

TheManWithPants Senior Member

Now this is also an issue I have with the translations in Sonic games. They always use the dub script for subs, so it never really matches up to what the Japanese script is saying; especially in recent games like Colors and Lost World, where the scripts are almost entirely different. Thankfully, fansubs to exist for them, however. Of course, I feel this should apply to all other localized Japanese games as well.

2. DuckSquared

DuckSquared Senior Member

3. Ice Apollo

Ice Apollo Anime is HARAM

I agree I like getting new things and fitting them into my play style

4. Ice Apollo

Ice Apollo Anime is HARAM

is it due to the control scheme ?

5. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

FPS games play better with a controller than an average keyboard and mouse.

6. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

>This fucking guy

[​IMG]

7. Lex

Lex Senior Member

I can understand if it's a personal preference developed based on where you have done the most gaming, but in terms of what is objectively better, we have evidence that pads are worse:

8. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

You trying to start a fight?

9. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

He's trolling.

10. Heavily Augmented

This isn't even adding how console FPS games pretty much HAVE TO make some form of auto aim if you even want to be accurate.

11. Dendro Batidae

Well, this is the wrong opinion thread after all...

12. Heavily Augmented

Well "unpopular" opinion. And like any opinion, we can do everything in our power to make that person feel ashamed.

13. Blank Slate

Blank Slate Senior Member

It's hard to tell with Angelus

14. Dendro Batidae

That's the whole point.

I love when faggots think they won't be bullied just because this is the wrong opinion thread.

15. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

16. Lex

Lex Senior Member

Unpopular doesn't mean wrong, dudes. Code Geass is shit.

17. Heavily Augmented

Here's a fun piece of trivia then: Why did things like auto aim and cover mechanics become popular within the 7th generation of games? Simple: console joysticks lack the speed, input, and accuracy of a mouse so mechanics like that needed to be implemented to appeal to a more casual crowd of gamers (most of which, are usually console gamers for the convenience of not building a PC).

This of course isn't adding into the fact that the CoD franchise has gotten most of its sales from the console versions and by extension is the cause of not only the stagnation of an IP, but the stagnation of an entire genre with the "brown modern military" theme with regenerative health and two weapon limits.

I'd say more on the topic, but then all I have to do is remember that console fags will never get to earn brouzouf so just refer to my avatar for the rest of it.

18. TheManWithPants

Yup. Lelouch, more like, A Douche, amirite? Hahahaha-*shot* I never could get into the series, I really hated the art style, and I just found the overall plot to be trying too hard to be 3deep5me. I just kinda found it boring, tbh.

19. TheManWithPants

I have to agree. The FPS genre has just gotten too stale and same-y in recent years. They really need to start thinking outside of the box, but unfortunately, because casuals love CoD so much, there's little incentive to do so, because the casuals keep throwing money at Activision for this shit. It's sad, really. Gaming in general kinda started going downhill during the 7th generation. It's a damn shame.

20. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

Not really. By the same twisted logic you used, Street Fighter V objectively proved that Fight Sticks are worse than controllers.

The FPS genre constantly cycles in and out of stagnancy. It happened before when they were all generic arena shooters, and it'll happen again with whatever other direction the genre goes into.

I have equal gripes about casuals. I remember when winning in Solitaire was a big deal, but now one-card and undo systems have made it too easy (thus somehow proving that touchscreens are such an inferior control scheme that lazy mobile users broke the entire game).