Is Danganronpa V3 any Good?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Thecrimsondemon13, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Thecrimsondemon13

Thecrimsondemon13 Recruit

Ive been a fan of the danganronpa series for about a year now

ive played danganronpas 1,2,another episode and even watched the danganronpa 3 anime so i was wondering if the recent game in the series Danganronpa V3 is any good?

im asking because im alittle skeptical of it since its a entierly diff plot to the hopes peek saga from what ive heard and im alittle worried that it wont be as entertaining as that saga was for me

so is it any good or should i not bother? and which version should i get if i do decide to pick it up the ps4 version or the vita version?(Im fine with whichever its a visual novel afterall they cant be to different)

so yeah is it worth a look?

2. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

A friend of mine talked about the game with me, and she says it's really good. I will warn you, however, there is a "localized" moment where Monokuma makes a reference to "fake news", the concept of which I've heard doesn't even exist in Japan. It's done in a context that is obviously anti-Trump. As far as I know, that's the only instance of such a thing happening in V3. So, if you're able to deal with that, you should be fine.

3. Thecrimsondemon13

wow really?

seriously why do they trust nis america with localizing it? xseed would probs treat the series much better

4. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

NISA gains trust from Japanese devs because they make promises about releasing games as quickly as possible. This is evident by not only the crap work they do with translations, but the entire debacle with Ys VIII proves this, too.

5. Thecrimsondemon13

its sad really i do love the danganronpa series

6. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

I haven't finished it, but I got through Chapter 1 of the PC version and I think its the best Danganronpa yet. Better graphics, better music, improved mini-games, better characters, and better twists.
    Its just an overall upgrade from the previous games. Its not without faults (I personally dislike the Minesweeper-esque minigame during debates, and Scrum debates could be a bit more difficult and longer lasting so as to enjoy the music more), but its mostly just a big upgrade. The driving minigame is a much better version of the snowboarding one from DR2, and now you can have arguments where multiple people are talking at the same time. Being able to lie is also a neat feature.

Most importantly though, the game just spends a lot more time on its characters. There's more room for growth and the characters are a lot more likable. Kaede and Shuichi in particular have a huge amount of focus in Chapter 1, and I personally like that they spend time making the protagonist an actually interesting character.