Idea Factory / Compile Heart Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by burgerunit, Aug 14, 2016.

1. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

[​IMG]

You know em, you love em (you better), and they aren't going anywhere, so I figured why not create a general discussion thread for 'em?

• Give us your impressions of a recent game you played.
    • Share the latest juicy rumors.
    • Post screenshots.
    • Buy any merch?
    • Let us know what you are hyped for.
    • Destroy others in the name of your waifu if people get uppity.

I'm gonna start with recent and upcoming release to jog peoples memory on whats been going on (I am probably wrong on some of these but I can fix it later when I am not supposed to be doing productive stuff).

Pick a game and go nuts.

Recent Releases in NA/EU:
    • Fairy Fencer Advent Force F (PS4)
    • Meiq: Labyrinth of Death (Vita)
    • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Vita)
    • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PC)

Coming Soon in NA/EU:
    • Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)
    • Trillion: God of Destruction (PC)
    • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (PC)
    • Monster Monpiece (PC)

Recent Releases in JPN:

• Black Rose Valkyrie (PS4)
    • Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates (Vita)

Coming Soon in JPN:
    • Kangokutou Mary-Skelter (Vita)
    • Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru (Vita)
    • Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune (PS4? and its not soon but whatever)

Deemed not suitable for gaijin (but I wont give up hope - someone might throw us a bone):

• Genkai Tokki: Moero Crystal (Vita)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

Reminder that if you sign up for the beta of Monster Monpiece, be sure to add "Nep is life" to your email or you'll probably be automatically disqualified from getting a chance to participate. Its in the Terms of Service of the beta that you do so so they know you read it.

3. exolyte

exolyte Well-Known Member

So with trillion coming to PC soon, I have to ask. How good is the waifu material?

Beta signups are closed already.
    Idea Factory Intl on Twitter

Also MegaNep has already released for PC so it should be under recent releases.

4. Jimbo Stereo

Jimbo Stereo Recruit

I initially picked up Hyperdevotion Noire for my Vita because I'm a sucker for grid based SRPGs (going back to Shining Force on the genesis) and it was fairly cheap. It's an alright game but the secretary protagonist angle is probably it's biggest weakness, storywise. I'm glad I did pick it up since initially I had written this franchise off in my head as something I wouldn't like. After playing it I was surprised at how much I liked the characters.

Of all the games in the series I played (V2, Rebirth 1 and 2, Hyperdevotion Noire) I liked V2 the best and I'm rooting for Compile Heart to step up their game on this series gameplay wise. From what I've heard about the original games that does seem to be the case.

I'm really looking forward to Cyber Dimension, did you find somewhere that confirmed it would be on PS4? I haven't found any details on what platform it would be on and most people are assuming it will be on Vita.

5. MapleSyrupGuzzler

MapleSyrupGuzzler Recruit

I've been playing Fairy fencer F advent dark force and almost have the platinum trophy for it. I enjoyed the two new story paths that's in game. Hopefully they'll make an actual sequel instead of just an expansion in the near future.
    I'm interested in what kind of story 4 goddess online will have because of the setting is based on the game Vert is always playing.
    Also can't wait to get my MeiQ limited edition with the oppai mouse pad.

6. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I'm going to make brutal love to this game and everyone in my house will hear it.

Likewise with Blanc & Zombies.

7. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

That said, my last venture was Neptunia U, which I need to finish off, as I'd been alternating between it & SK Shinovi Versus. Both are pretty fun, NepU is the cuter of the two, though, & less complex as well.

I should get back on the mainline Neps eventually, but every side game I touch turns into fun.

8. TiamatNM

TiamatNM Senior Member

From Neptunia series I've played mk2, Re;birth 1, and Hyperdevotion Noire. I just can't get into it. I like Fairy Fencer F much better. Haven't gotten FFF:AD cause I tend not to get remakes or enhanced ports of games I already have. Still might get it later.I've got MeiQ LE on pre-order from the IFI store I think that will be a good one. Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates looks like it could be fun so hope that gets picked up. The enemy designs are lol

9. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

Well I failed... damn! I signed up for it on my phone during a lunch break so .. ah well.

For Trillion - it's pretty good. I am surprised at how much it made me care for these characters. There are some really touching moments and well... things basically don't end well for them (at least in the first play-through). I must admit, it almost got me a little misty eyed at points.

That aside, you have all your standard archetypes to choose from. Big tittied succubus, tsundere loli, sleepyhead, tomboy, etc.

Hi welcome. Yes I absolutely agree and it seems to be the consensus - the 'self insert' angle hurt Hyperdevotion Noire. She is an interesting enough character that she could have stood on her own. And if any romance happens, its gotta be yuri! They misread their audience there.

The game mechanics are improving with each release, but it is in baby steps... there are still a few half-baked systems that need to be improved or revamped, like what they did with the scout system from V to V2. Things that come to mind:

• The disc making system. I never bother until end game when I can make the ones I want. Maybe thats just me but doesnt seem to be working as intended.
    • Challenges. Good idea to add some longevity but some of these are absolutely ridiculous that it turns me off to the idea completely as my OCD says all or nothing.
    • Item creation system. It's just really basic and adds nothing to the game IMO. Let's do something interesting.
    • The combat itself. They still seem to be trying to hit that sweet spot in terms of balance. In V it was just use EXE attack as it wasn't worth doing anything else... now in VII, EXE generally aren't worth using in the later parts of the game, just spam combos.
    About Cyber Dimension, I was a dumb dumb and just took what GameFAQs had it listed as. I have no idea personally so maybe I will add a ? mark by the platform.

YES me too! The S&H was a bit much, but I always wanted one of these and what better time than now lol.

Yup; the spinoffs seem to be given the same amount of care as the main neps. I guess copy pasting most of the assets gives them time to ensure the new gameplay systems featured in the spinoff are fun haha.

A note about the Zombie one; it's overall the better game between it and Neptunia U, but two things:

1. More of a focus on multiplayer modes over single player. The single player content dries up kinda quick but is very entertaining while it lasts.
    2. No more exploding clothes. This should be a standard feature at this point, cmon!

Well it sounds like you gave them a fair shake, just curious what you didnt like about them? They generally dont even try to be serious (and when they do, it mostly falls flat - except for that Conquest ending tho from mk2.. anyway!) so if thats what you wanted I totally understand.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  10. 2dgirlfan

2dgirlfan Member

Reminder Agarest: Mariage (the only good one) will never EVER be released on the PC or in English.

11. TiamatNM

TiamatNM Senior Member

I know they aren't supposed to be serious but the humor and gameplay doesn't click with me much.

12. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

I heard that one has yuri, but the gameplay seems like a slog and you have to start with a male character. :(

13. Nin

Nin Senior Member

Trillion is a game with a weird premise (part dating sim, part slow paced SRPG) that executes it pretty well. Waifus are pretty high tier, which makes you feel terrible when they die in one hit due to carelessness.

True end is somewhat cheesy, but I still liked it

14. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

Reminder if does, ghost light will ruin it

15. Minuteworld_92

How is the progress of the PC retranslations of neptunia 1-3 on cripplechan?

16. exolyte

They never intended to do 1 and the retranslation of the 3rd one finished a few weeks ago. The 2nd has been out for over 9 months now.

17. 2dgirlfan

2dgirlfan Member

I've heard 1 doesn't need it, 2 is done and 3 is mostly done.

It's not a slog. Though first gen is much inferior.

18. Minuteworld_92

Was 1 not badly translated and do they plan to translate other NEP games ruined by doer?

19. 2dgirlfan

2dgirlfan Member

As far as I know Rebirth 1's translation is considered fine.

20. exolyte

They described the translation of 1 as the standard they wanted to achieve. I'm not sure if there are any other games that were ruined by doer. VII's translation was good and the other 2 nep games on PC have decent translations as well. I think modifying HDEV Noire and/or Nep U would require extra work on the technical side as well since their structure is different from the RB games. Considering how long it took them to finish RB3, I don't think they'll do any other games.