.hack//GU Last Recode

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Battlechili, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

I hope you're all buying this a few days from now. The .hack// series was one of the first to do the whole "stuck in a video game" thing, and I think its probably the best at it. I wanna see new .hack// content and maybe some more CC2 original games (or maybe just a sequel to Solatorobo/Strelka Stories in the future), so if you guys don't buy it and none of this ever comes, I'm blaming you.

The .hack// series (and especially the games) in particular follow suit on Cyberconnect2's skill at worldbuilding and lore so they're well worth it anyways. Being able to surf the web, check your email, and post on forums in between logging into The World and forming a party to take on quests really made it feel like an actual MMO. And of course by being a story-focused singleplayer RPG, it avoids the problems that come with MMOs, making it the best of both worlds.

I've admittedly not played the GU titles in particular, but I hear they have much better gameplay than IMOQ. CC2's biggest problem with their original games has typically been the actual gameplay part of their games, so I'm hoping this doesn't suffer that too much. They're too good at everything else.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Brandon

Brandon Big Papa Overlord Staff Member

I really want this game for both fun and for review. We'll see. My plate is so damn full ><

3. Battlechili

Battlechili Senior Member

I'd love to read it. Everything original CC2 puts out is a joy for me so if a review comes I'll be sure to read it, even if it takes you some time.

Do you have any familiarity with the .hack// series? Like maybe watching SIGN or playing IMOQ or something?

4. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

Well, I've been saving my money by avoiding a shit-tonne of new releases as of late, and I've been eying this for a while. I'll pick it up when the opportunity arises.

5. Brandon

Brandon Big Papa Overlord Staff Member

We're working on our review for the game~~ It's a bit late but expect it soonish! I'll pick the game up at retail but won't be able to get to it for awhile ><

6. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

So I got the game for super cheap and will play it when I get the chance.

7. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

Love the game, I just finished Volum 1 and am doing some completion (Book of 1000 etc) before I go to Volume 2.