Games Currently in Development You're Excited for?

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Brandon, Oct 19, 2015.

1. FallenSachiel

FallenSachiel Recruit

Really looking forward to Persona 5. Haven't heard much about Bloodstained nor Shenmue 3, which is a shame.

Can't think of any other titles at the moment.

2. DuckSquared

DuckSquared Senior Member

Shenmue III.

I've been waiting 14 years and I'll wait a few more.

3. MrGilder

MrGilder Recruit

I'm pretty stoked for Battlechasers: Nightwar. The kickstarter just ended very successfully. I would basically follow a game with Joe Madureira art onto the surface of the sun. I ate up both Darksiders games, and alot of the former Vigil staff is working with him on this new title. Nightware checks alot of the right boxes for me. Game based on a property I care about that's actually helmed by the property's creator? Check! Turn based RPG? Check! Hulking, powerful robot friend? Check. It's also cool to see that they're including a dungeon modification system that sounds alot like what IF and CH included in the Neptunia Re:Birth games. I love that gimmick.

4. Offendatron_5000

Offendatron_5000 Senior Member

Bloodstained probably the big one, given I have some actual cash behind that one. I won't worry unless I see that they announced a mixed media spin-off that is in development before the actual first game is done.

Also interested to see how the next Neptunia spin-off turns out. Neptunia U was fun, even if it was short. Hoping they keep trying new things with the series.

OMG can't believe I forgot 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Anything new from Vanillaware, pretty much just sign me up day one.

5. TiamatNM

TiamatNM Senior Member

Shenmue 3, Persona 5, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Bloodstained, Dark Souls 3, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force

6. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

Same. Pretty much all these except for Dark Souls 3. Fairy Fencer F I'm 50/50 on.

7. ConnorORT

ConnorORT Established Recruit

Silent Hills!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  8. DigiGuineaPig

GET OUT

9. Doctor Rosswell. W

Doctor Rosswell. W Recruit

10. Axrest

Axrest Recruit

I'm very excited for La Mulana 2. The first game has brought me nothing but frustration, misery, and woe, and I can't wait to do it all over again for 80+ hours.

Also Shantae: HGH, which I know is a fan favorite around these parts.

11. DigiGuineaPig

Shantae, definitely! But I think now that Yo Kai Watch is out I think my next big one is Xenoblade Chronicles X. I cannot tell you how excite I am.

12. Click Stick Chilly

Click Stick Chilly XxShit-poster420xX

13. KCPhoenix

KCPhoenix Senior Member

Cosmic Star Heroine is one I'm really looking forward to. It'is looking pretty great so far. The devs Zeboyd are known for making a parody JRPG called Breath of Death VII that was a lot of fun and Cthulhu Saves the World. It'll be on PC, PS4 and Vita.

14. Maciej Miszczyk

Maciej Miszczyk Moderator Staff Member

Torment: Tides of Numenera - I loved Planescape: Torment and from what I've seen of this sort-of-sequel, they're focusing on the right things
    Dark Souls 3 - it might be the return to form after disappointing 2, although fast travel being available from the start makes me worried about the level design again
    Mother 4 - it's just a fangame but it's very promising and after playing Undertale I want more actually good Earthbound clones; it seems to be turning into vaporware though
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I really like the series and while I don't think it will be as good as 1 or even HR I think they won't screw it up
    Heart Forth, Alicia - Eternal Daughter is one of my favourite indie games and one of my favourite metroidvanias but it never got a sequel and this looks like Eternal Daughter 2 in all but name; the pixel art is even better than what Derek Yu did, it's so fluid and beautiful

15. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Still no release date for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero...

16. hina

hina Senior Member

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
    Senran Kagura Estival Versus
    Gravity Daze 2
    Hyperdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
    Omega Labyrinth
    Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    Moero Crystal

17. Todd Howard

Todd Howard Recruit

18. isaacbeans