Games Currently in Development You're Excited for?

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Brandon, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon Big Papa Overlord Staff Member

I wanted to make a thread so that we can discuss games that are in development that we're eagerly watching.

There's a game I keep coming back to that not a lot of people know about: Kenshi. It's like a post-apocalyptic survival sandbox RPG that is quite tough, and really addicting. I did a preview for it awhile ago too, when it just got this big update.

2. CyberThreatGames

CyberThreatGames Recruit

Kenshi looks great, very ambitious but I have high hopes for it after reading about it. I really like the look of a game that was revealed just the other day (saw it through NicheGamer actually!) and that's Prey For The Gods. I'd link the video, but youtube is blocked on the bus WiFi, but basically it's a game inspired by Shadow of the Colossus, though set in a snowier environment with a female protagonist. Really looks great, excited to see more of it!

3. Alexis

Alexis Moderator Staff Member

Persona 5, enough said

4. Bananus Maximus

Bananus Maximus Recruit

Space Hulk: Deathwing
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armad
    Eternal Crusade
    ....hopefully Dawn of War 3

5. Nodoka Hanamura

Nodoka Hanamura Recruit

After seeing Kenshi, I'm honestly impressed. I've wanted something like this from fallout for a while.

6. Some furf

Some furf Established Recruit

Waiting for Shenmue 3.

There is very little info about it to keep me going so far, so all I can do is wait for the inevitable years of delay and disappointment.

7. Rie

Rie Senior Member

Persona 5 looks brilliant from what little we've seen.
    I'm cautiously optimistic about that Shingeki no Kyojin game too, even though the gameplay looks poor so far.
    Shantae Half Genie Hero is looking pretty decent. I haven't seen much of it and I think it comes out this year. Hopefully that's not a bad sign.
    And even though we haven't really seen anything, I'm very curious about Zelda U

8. A-9

A-9 Recruit

I got a Alpha key for Kenshi a long time ago on Gamersgate (~2012?). Turned out the code worked with steam so I checked it out, and it's still as confusing and unoptimised as it was then. Still, I like the idea very much so still kind of excited.

Games I'm looking forward to.. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Persona 5, and the newly announced SMTIV Final.
    I was excited for the SMTxFE crossover, but I think they really fucked up with that one. So disappointing.

9. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Still waiting on Shantae half-genie hero

There's been no news about that game since the E3 trailer.

10. Kobeer Namtab

Kobeer Namtab Recruit

Same. Pretty damn fun series.

11. Demetirus

Demetirus Recruit

I thought they said we were getting an updated demo sometime this month/'soon'. Not sure where I read that, so maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.

Ah! Found it: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero by WayForward — Kickstarter See the section entitled: "A Backer Build Approaches!"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  12. Geb

Geb Señor Member

+1 for Persona 5

But the game that I am most hotly anticipating would have to be Barkley 2:

13. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Ah, well that's something at least, a release date soon hopefully?

14. Ice Apollo

Ice Apollo Anime is HARAM

Indivisible i liked both the design and the feel of skullgirls and can't wait to see what Lab Zero has in store

also a bit excited for For Honor , it seems like a game type i have not seen much off

15. GrossMcloss

GrossMcloss Senior Member

I was going to post this one, game looks amazing. I hope it gets funded, but they need a lot of money.

16. Ice Apollo

Yeah it looks like they are a bit far from their goal now , I really hope they pull though

17. jakumkajun

jakumkajun Established Recruit

Indivisible, Yandere Simulator and Shantae: Half Genie Hero. For bigger games, Dark Souls III, Persona 5, SMTxFE, KOF 14

18. buchu

buchu Recruit

There's some big name stuff I'm looking forward to like Battleborn and Overwatch, but I'm also really interested in Bloodstained, the new Shantae, and Death's Gambit . Looking forward to the official western release of Clannad as well, and the stuff Cave and Nippon Ichi have stated that they will be bringing to the PC.

19. Ice Apollo

Yandere Simulator looks cool I'm liking the updates the Devs putting out , how do you feel about the KOF 14 art style

20. jakumkajun

jakumkajun Established Recruit

I would've preferred sprites but I love KOF and I'm cautiously hopeful that it will be good.