#GamerGate Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Brandon, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon Big Papa Overlord Staff Member

I know many of our fans/followers are active in the #GamerGate community, so I figured I can start a thread here for everyone to discuss ongoing things in GG.

2. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

I'm gonna stop you nerds with a hastag! Thankfully I've learned to take safe bets.
    #StopGamergate2099

GET REKT

3. Naoto

Naoto Member

Reported for terrorism. Enjoy your ban.

4. Chaos

Chaos Senior Member

Excuse you, I identify as terrorist-kin, and you are triggering me so hard right now.

What has GG been up to lately? I've fallen behind on the current "happenings".

5. OtakuDeNoche

OtakuDeNoche Recruit

OMG SJW and GamerGate is like Templars vs Assasins... I still don't understand this whole GG/SJW business. Anyone care to just put it in simple terms what each side really is about? I've looked online but all I get is that one group harrasses journalists and the other tries to shut the harrassers up? Hmm...

Edit: I mostly browse the Spanish side of the internet so this whole thing kinda never happenned on that side of the internet.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  6. Naoto

Naoto Member

Been a pretty quiet week I think. Usual stuff pointing out hypocrisy. Wikipedia editors are trying to get us officially labeled a terrorist group. Using the CSI episode as evidence. Can't make this shit up hehe.

Other than that I don't think we've had too much drama lately. ggrevolt has been sperging out on Sargon. Milo has been making the troll rounds. Everybody was wishing Totalbiscuit the best the other day.

7. Chaos

Chaos Senior Member

That is hilariously pathetic.

8. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Easy to read version;

People find out journalists are shilling their friend's/partner's games without disclosing relationships.

People get mad about it.

Many journalists call them sexist misogynist pigs because that's what they call everyone these days.

Adam Baldwin decides to join in and creates the hashtag Gamergate.

Journalists continue to ignore cries of unethical behavior and instead make articles relating GamerGate to a harassment campaign.

People fall for it because it was "in the news".

Some journalists (like those who write for Niche Gamer) are supportive of the quest for better ethical standards.

An opportunist creates a blockbot using guilt by association and ends up blocking 15,000+ people on twitter.

This blockbot also implies that everyone in it harass others without any proof.

GamerGate continues to expose corruption and serves as a type of watchdog.

Journalists and SJW opportunists continue to call people who use the Gamergate hashtag terrorists without addressing any of the concerns.

9. Chaos

Chaos Senior Member

>MFW I'm still on the blockbot.

[​IMG]

Is KFC still on the blockbot/blocklist as well?

10. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

I can only hope so. Honestly I don't care about the blockbot anymore. It just means idiots who fall for the harassment lies will never bother me.

11. Naoto

Naoto Member

Lost track after it changed hands. I know I was on there with 0 tweets. They ended up having to give it to some crazy black power trans group in SanFran because UK speech laws were getting them in trouble for slander. It was hilarious. They called the cops when they were contacted by one of the guy's lawyers with a cease and desist. Full panic meltdown and pulled the plug iirc. Then it fired back up under new management.

Didn't see much after that. Personally I like it. If all these crazies want to wall themselves off for me then that's just great.

12. Chaos

Chaos Senior Member

You both make an excellent point there. Let them live in their safe space where they'll eventually turn on each other, because it always happens.

13. OtakuDeNoche

OtakuDeNoche Recruit

Oh wow, being paid to promote friend's(unknown to public) game in order to get it more mainstream. I can see people being upset with that, that is understanable. Now don't get me wrong here but I read just now GamerGate individuals made death threats and online privacy invasions? Now that is taking it a bit far and that will certainly associate GG as a terrorist group quickly. While being some type of watchdog, you do realize that you become more known as a threat no matter the how noble the cause is? Doing stuff that literally can destroy people lives because of unethical gaming journalism? I get the point of sending a messege, but it is a bit too extreme. Actually this is more of a "different shades of grey" area that is like a minefield. I really don't think I am against it or for either side. Perhaps my best course of action is to pretend neither side exists, and continue on judging the type of games I want to play. My own opinion on a game exists, and I never had any reviewer or journalist sway my opinion. I determine if a game is fun. That is all there is to it. And omg I typed so much....

Edit: And yes SJW not aknowledging or basically not saying anything about the issue is a problem as well. It just meh to me really.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  14. WB1c_Marathon

WB1c_Marathon Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the death threats were either fake or faked by the SJW themselves. There was on instance of a SJW developer putting their game on steam, when it immediately got hateful comments, find out later it was the developer who had wrote the comments to drum up controversy and get pity bucks. In fact, the only credible instances of threats were upon the pro gg's. A journalist who took our side was sent a syringe with unknown content, a bomb threat was called at a debate, an actual serious threat mind you, and many pro gators were fired due to anti's harassing. If you dig through the massive lies you'll see that a lot of GamerGate are victems of the very things sjws accuse them of doing with no credible proof that they did anything wrong.

15. Landale

Landale Recruit

The best part? They did say it CSI. Guess what show didn't have an episode based on the "gamers are terrorists" crap?

16. Naoto

Naoto Member

Gotta say thanks to the Niche Gamer staff for just allowing the discussion for all these months. Its nothing but small stupid internet drama in the big picture, but its nice that there are still places interested in discussion over ideology.

17. Frit_/x/

Frit_/x/ Member

So far i remember;
    One was obviuse a fake because of the timestamps (newly created twatter account/ egg account).
    One or two was obviuse a false flag because the one who made it didnt know about ID's on 8chan.
    one threat came from an Journo itslef, from brazil.
    many threats were jut trolls (who didn't even use the hashtag.

The best and easiest way to keep up with all the happenings
    Current-Happenings | master | gamergate / gamergateop | GitLab

it is rly heavy to see all the indiedev lives destroyed by corrupt journos.

The archives that were made are public and damn huge. Not one single fact from there was ever use in MSM.
    [​IMG]

18. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

>You will never relive those first threads back on halfchan.

The beginning of GG was a magical time. I still remember the moment Adam Motherfucking Baldwin joined in. People were losing their minds. Some even predicted we'd last till 2015. Here we are a year later, set to go into 2016. It's been a wild ride.

19. Some furf

Some furf Established Recruit

20. Frit_/x/

Frit_/x/ Member

never saw it as a movement. I still see it as a revolt of gamers. I never seperated them from gamers, they are still to me gamers. Of course, it was a movement within the gaming community, where gamers stood up agaisnt corruption. But GG itself was first just a hashtag to spread the truth, like an 'Topic post', made by adam baldwin. And he made it very clear: This is about corruption.

The corrupt journos with their cronyism made so many slander article about gg that it became in the eyes of sheeples more than that. Even today, suspicious media use the word, "#gamergate the movement", they never said "#gamergate the Media Scandal"

I notic it earlier then you, on plebbit and the mass censorship. Actually, the first archive i used in this infographic
    [​IMG]
    was a thread made by myself. One day later, the tb censorship kicked in.
    The reason why the mods didn't notice my thread was because i edit stuff to it later.
    But then i got shadowbanned like everyone else who asked about the state of gaming journalism.

This is important
    > who asked about the state of gaming journalism.

because people didnt got banned just because talking about litterly who, they also got banned for asking this!