game ideas

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Minuteworld_92, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Minuteworld_92

Minuteworld_92 Senior Member

this is a thread about game ideas. we've all had them and we all know nothing will come from these ideas but it's fun to think of make-believe games.

I put this in game development because we are developing ideas.

2. Musou Tensei

Musou Tensei Senior Member

I actually tried to make a game, a spiritual successor to my favorite game of all time Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the N64.
    But insted of feudal japan it would be a science fiction universe using the Stargate approach on mixing human history with aliens (like how the egypt gods were evil aliens etc) but with my own spin, basically to make fun of real world events I decided to use an alien incarnation of Marx with marxism being a brain infecting virus. But gameplay wise it would be very similar to Goemon 64.
    My idea is the episodic approach (mainly because I was doing it all alone) I have pretty much done the story of the 1st 5 episodes and plenty ideas for continuations, but if I could make it happen it would be a full game.
    The fictional universe it plays in is actually something I have developed for many many years and tbh started as DBZ fanfiction, of course I have removed almost everything that connects it to DBZ by now. It would mostly play on a medival type planet (no, not earth, but it exists as well) that only recently discovered electricity, the main hero you can name yourself is on the mission to rid the universe of the remnants of marxism (Marx is long dead but his "children" are still roaming the universe) and was sent to this planet to investigate by a council that consists of 7 beings that are said to be the creators of this universe, they declared marxism a threat and sent out hunters everwhere to get rid of it. On the planet you will soon meet the 2nd character, a promiscuous scantly clad and busty succubus type demon girl (I use the term youkai) which after a failed attempt of hypnotising and raping the hero joins him (of course there would be several scenes where she tries it again). Other characters: Her sister a slightly muscular oni type youkai, a retired knight and now blacksmith who lost his left arm in a war but is deeply concerned in how the queen has changed (due to marxism) recently and eventually joins the hero, a Kunoichi and in some parts a cat girl.

Like I said I tried but all I have are a few untextured N64 style polygon models of some playable characters, I have all the ideas but sadly not the talent to make it a reality (technically I can play the whole 5 chapters in my head minus some more elaborate dungeon designs) so I'm thinking of turning my story into a novel insted, which is something I never did before either so that could go terribly wrong since I thought of the whole thing as a game, and many gamey things don't translate well into a novel.

One thing I'd do with a multi million € lottery win would be to hire people to make this game reality.

3. Minuteworld_92

I've been recently thinking of a game idea called "copyright: the game" basically, it's an rpg featuring a ton of nintendo characters, sony characters, xbox characters, characters from obscure games, etc. and the game would have hundreds of copyrighted game soundtracks and random remixes of soundtracks from youtube.

the premise is that there is a world somewhere in the galaxy where all game ideas (hero's, villians, etc) are actually real and they all exist in harmony. it's like earth but it inhabits all video game characters. one day, something goes terribly wrong. this world is loosley tied to the real world that inhabit's the creators of these game characters. due to the rise of feminists hating on video games in the real world like anita, jack thomson, dina, etc. and game news corruption like kotaku, polygon, etc and game censorship and basically everything we hate plaguing gaming, everything plaguing it manifests itself as villains and monsters in the gameworld.

it's up to you to choose from 100+ game characters and form a party of 8 to destroy these evil manifestations from destroying the gameworld. the gameplay would work like a mix of your average rpg and etrain oddesy/7th dragon 3 (having a front row and a back row) except that you get to see all your character's sprites as the battles commence. halfway thought the game, you can have a middle row of 4 characters adding the playble characters in one playthrough from 8 to 12.

I don't know why I've been thinking of this alot lately, I know it'll never turn into anything. just think if you could have a party that consists of mario, link, ratchet and clank, banjo and kazooie, sly cooper, one of the girls from senran kagura, sonic, kirby, earthworm jim, minato, yu, persona 5 protag and croc with a bunch of random copywrited game soundtracks and remixes play during battle? that'd be awesome.

it would be like card battle saga but an rpg and even less hope of it ever coming out.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  4. Musou Tensei

That's kinda awesome but pretty much impossible as it would require Nintendo to allow they stuff on other systems.
    I think though that it could work in a Neptunia approach which is only referencing actual characters, like these
    [​IMG]
    Quite obvious who they are supposed to be but still different enough to avoid IP problems.

5. burgerunit

burgerunit Coca-Cola Reward Points Member

Just release it on the Android store; they DGAF from the stuff I've seen.

6. Minuteworld_92

it would be a pc only game that's done in secret so nobody copywrites it.

if this idea actually came to fruition, there's no way in hell I'd let anybody but a small group know about it untill it's 100% finished. I know what happens to fangames pretty well.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  7. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

This sounds like some of those Crash Bandicoot Retold comics.

8. Minuteworld_92

the what?

9. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

A badly drawn deviantart comic which is similar to the fuckhuge fanwank crossover you described.

[​IMG]

10. Minuteworld_92

plz don't compare my ideas to deviantart. I feel insulted.

11. Musou Tensei

No anthro planes no interest.

12. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

13. Smug

Smug Senior Member

>being an idea guy

lol

14. Juuppra

Juuppra Recruit

no ideas but i got interesting dreams that could be made into vidya or other mediums for example one was fantasy like world with magitek technology using emperioum conquering lands and educate savages. Probly got it from Yuojo Senki but it has more focus on the idea of magic powered weapons. Every weapon has magic conversion into magical bullets (which you can change element or type you are using). Funky looking vehicles (can't remember the design properly) and ofcourse mages that are focusing commanding in the battlefield and casting big spells for artilery support. Fug i even heard while soldiers burning trenches and houses.