Code Geass proclaims Lelouch still isn't dead

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DDD-kun, Nov 27, 2016.

1. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

So I've heard some whispers above that Sunrise is plotting another Code Geass named "Lelouch of the Revival". How true is this?

Failing interests in that, iunno talk about how much more awesome Kallen was over every other girl except maybe the meido.

2. Narmy

Narmy Senior Member

3. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Member

Code Geass was one of my first anime and it will always hold a special place in my heart. However, I really have some doubts about this season. as much as I look forward to seeing more I thought that season 2 had the perfect ending and I really don't know if bringing it back 10 years later is a good idea.

4. Annie T. Mood

Annie T. Mood Established Recruit

>Code Geass
    >first anime

fuck, you kids are young

5. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I can tell you this from experience: Sunrise projects specialize in utter batshit. Mai HiME => Mai Otome is a good example. People cry about Otome but quite frankly it was a damned-great ride from start to finish, getting especially insane toward the end. Geass was verymuch like that for me, from the out-of-place masturbating lesbians, to the dark horse revivals that became cyborgs fighting maid ninjas, to Suzaku being the biggest prick on the planet. Total fun.

I admit it: I'm hyped for this. Especially since Akito the Exiled was so subdued and passive.

This, too. Damn I forget how much time has passed. An entire highschool class grew up with Naruto and Bleach what the fuck.

6. 3rdStrike_Ebi

3rdStrike_Ebi Senior Member

I am actually deeply worried about this. If you look at the promo poster, they have Renya from the prequel manga tying in to the main story with the OVAs and the spin-off manga with the twins (the latter of which I still haven't got around to). I'll straight up say this: Renya of the Darkness is fucking terrible, and I wanted that manga to have nothing to do with the Code Geass universe.

On the plus side, my theories for Lelouch's "death" have been confirmed. However, I suspect executive meddling was at play here more than Taniguchi and Õkõchi deciding to bring the series back, because for years, Taniguchi has gone on record saying the ending was open for interpretation.

7. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

iirc, all of the geass related manga suck. Nightmare of Nunally, last I looked, was the biggest offender. Batman!Zero aside, anyway.

And I'm not too surprised. Again, Sunrise is kinda camp for these kind of asspulls. Surprisingly, it's not deflating my anticipation. I mean, I know it's gonna be bad, but I still want to see it.

8. TiamatNM

TiamatNM Senior Member

I'm expecting it to be bad since there's such a big time gap since the TV series. I never even finished agito of the exiled or whatever...

9. Getting Gay With Kids

Getting Gay With Kids Recruit

So he WAS the cart driver at the end with CC? I'm okay with that. He clearly wanted to end it all so he could be with her.

10. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

He chose poorly. Kallen was right there, damnit.

11. Getting Gay With Kids

Getting Gay With Kids Recruit

Yeah, it was one of those times where I could have seen him ending up with either CC or Kallen. He clearly had feelings for both, but he had a deeper relationship with CC because of the geass stuff.

12. 3rdStrike_Ebi

This talk about Kallen and C.C. reminds me of the time my brother (pro-C.C.) and I (pro-Kallen) had a massive stalemate argument about who was the better waifu all those years ago. Boy, that was a doozy.

13. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I hate the waifu argument. But Kallen was the superior character. How that became an argument is beyond me. Did you point out all C.C served was as a catalyst for plot?

14. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

Also the red hair, kickass disposition, adaptability, demure facade, red hair, self-motivation, piloting skills, athletic form, red hair, smarts, kind heart, and also the red hair?

15. 3rdStrike_Ebi

no it's great tho, shut up

You and I are going to get along swimmingly, it seems.

I forget as well, so I just chalk it up to us being teenagers.

I didn't, actually, though the more I think about it, the more I find myself agreeing with that.

Some of this, yes. Red hair is godly.

16. DDD-kun

DDD-kun Senior Member

I mean I have nothing against C.C. at all, but really that's what she is. Her development doesn't go nearly as deep nor as far as all the others around her. ALL of the plot wouldn't have kicked off or even continued without her. And when she needed to be pulled back in certain points, the writers almost literally hit her with the Stupid Stick to have Lelouch flap in the wind long enough for the Black Knight betrayal to take full effect.

She got an ass, too. She's cool. But she just ain't Kallen.

17. 3rdStrike_Ebi

In her defence, she had a properly fleshed out backstory - unlike Kallen, whose brother's story was shirked during the executive meddling of season 2, if hearsay is to be believed.

Ugh, R2 episode 19 is the worst Code Geass episode ever. It may be my favourite anime of all time, but fuck me, that shit was so stupid. Fucking Õkõchi was responsible for that episode's storyboarding, and it really solidifies my belief that without Taniguchi reigning him in, the man goes off on an autistic tangent with the story. That's why everything Õkõchi works on post-Code Geass is a trainwreck.

Oh, she definitely has some fine Hometown, but Kallen's Life is just so much better.

18. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

I would say for fuck why, but nah, whatever they want to do. *shrug*

19. Nagato

Nagato Member

Hopefully they'll bring Shirley back somehow as well, so Lelouch can ruin her entire life a third time.

20. 3rdStrike_Ebi

I'll concede, this made me laugh pretty hard. You should get a cookie.