Can't Hold my Breath Long Enough to Participate in Drowned Threads

Discussion in 'Feedback and Issues' started by Angelus, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

I feel participating would be much more intuitive with more, less general sections. Digging through gaming for the threads I'm interested in each time is one of the biggest detractors to participation atm imo.

Would be nice to have something like general gaming discussions, weeb games specifically, and western dogshit games sections instead of just one. Separating currently ongoing anime/manga series from general anime/manga discussion would be swell too. A garbage section would be nice too, to put 'deleted' threads into instead of removing them entirely, but that's not important.

Thanks for all you guys have been doing, big fan of your work

2. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Sounds good. We could probably use dedicated forums for things like music and arts too.

3. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

We have a lot of long threads. New threads aren't created too often yet. So I feel pretty good using the watch thread system for now. But I think once the forums grow more it probably will be good to split things up. But right now I think if the board was split too much there would be only one or two threads per section, and that doesn't seem too good. At least not at this point in time.

I'm really happy with this forum, it's been awhile since I was a regular on forums, and it feels very traditional to my forum days past. I like this community a lot, and I hope we're around forever. I kinda do wish we had an IRC though. I like to talk real time to people and build friendships!

4. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

An IRC or real-time chat would be pretty swell. For small communities though, I worry about them being too tightly-knit and taking some emphasis away from the forums. The Forum as a place for discussion is pretty great. Decent privacy/anonymity, but still account and username-based (which admittedly reduces what users will willingly discuss, but not by too much). In a world invaded by 140-character tweets, 160-character texts, and typographic 'images' having a slower, deeper community for discussion is very special. It'd be a shame to miss out on an entire discussion because you slept through your alarm clock.

My interest in having more sections kinda ties into that as well. Encourage thread creation, make it easier to find threads of interest, et cetera. For example, having an Arts and Literature section like Meek suggested would make it easier to have more relaxed "rate the song above you" or "favourite OST" type threads, or other music discussion outside of a few megathreads like the metalfags one. But that might just be me being more used to a certain format.

5. Chaos

Chaos Senior Member

Have to agree with this one. While I like our fighting game thread it is a cluster of random fighting games, having a "Fighting Board" would be nice.

6. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

On that note, I've wanted to participate there, but since fighting games are too hard for me it's tough to follow along or try and contribute to a megathread when all I can say is "i like the artwork," lol.

7. isaacbeans

isaacbeans Is totally sexy.

Yes this, Please. I would love and IRC or Real time chat, like chatango. Angelus is love.

8. Largo

Largo Senior Member

I'd agree with this, a chat room would be preferable to chat about this and that without having to create a thread for it.