Canada Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Edge of Space' started by Lex, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Lex

Lex Senior Member

We're so down on the country so many of our members are from, I think we should remind ourselves it's not all so bad. I'm sure we can all think of something nice to say. I'll even go first:

Maple syrup is alight on pancakes if you're in a part of the world where you have no access to superior golden syrup

2. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can see Micheal Moore rooting around in the soil for free health care and truffles. I called out to him once, but he just wheezed and fell over.

3. MonsterGirlFanBoy

MonsterGirlFanBoy Senior Member

Canada gave the world Clement.

4. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

On the scale of world cuisine, we're second last. I think the U.K. is just taking the piss, though.

5. Lex

Lex Senior Member

When I visited Toronto I got some tea for free. That was alright.

6. GrossMcloss

GrossMcloss Senior Member

List of Canadian things I think are good:
    Rush
    Tim Hecker
    Gorguts
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Arcade Fire (But fuck everything they made after Neon Bible)
    Venetian Snares
    Leonard Cohen
    TwoBestFriendsPlay
    ADoseofBuckley
    Eidos Montreal? Maybe?

I'm probably missing a few, but yeah thats it, fuck Canada. Maple syrup a shit.

7. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

Well they did make Human Revolution which was pretty good as its own and a spiritual successor to Deus Ex, but then Thief (2014) happened and yeah...

8. DuckSquared

DuckSquared Senior Member

My ex is from Canada.

Fuck Canada.

(Canadian banknotes are pretty cool, though.)

9. GrossMcloss

GrossMcloss Senior Member

Yeah, thats why I didn't say it confidently, I really like DE:HR but Thief is just bad. New Deus Ex looks good doe.

10. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

Hey man, I'm sorry, but the quacking was just too much for me. You really need to work on that.

11. DuckSquared

DuckSquared Senior Member

:(

I thought it turned you on.

12. Heavily Augmented

Heavily Augmented Senior Member

I don't know. It looks pretty and all, but it seems like they're simplifying the RPG mechanics even more than HR did and deviating into the "Action-RPG" genre. Also the fact that Adam has all these cool new augmentations is because they were already put into him in the first game and only now activated so now his "augmentations are augmented" rather than just having the simple explanation of saying he was upgraded is dumb. There sure as hell be a decent reason why the augmentations in MD are more advanced than the ones in the original.

Back on topic though, if there's one thing Canada has made me appreciate more is the country I live in since it seems to be making the US better in comparison with slightly less embarrassing decisions recently (though I have a feeling that isn't the type of appreciation Lex is asking for).

13. Gorse

Gorse SHIT HOUND

If you live here, you won't die in a killing spree!

14. Dendro Batidae

Dendro Batidae Quite the Cynic

I bet the French said the same thing.

Terrorism is really the only thing we don't need to deal here down in South-America.

15. Lex

Lex Senior Member

The French shootings have a rather different character to most American mass shootings. Less frequent, too.

16. Mea_K

Mea_K Senior Member

Northernlion.
    raocow.
    Proton Jon.

17. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

We have a density of like, 1 per square mile... That's why our internet and courier services are so abysmal. Pretty shit place to spread terror.

Pretty sure it does, Gorse is a confirmed furfag.

No. Quebec is number 2, the rest of Canada is cleaning toilets. Like, who the fuck thought of using gravy for poutine? It's shit.
    Quebec took poor people food, and put a tonne of lard and salt in it until it tasted great.
    I take it your Maple Syrup normally comes in plastic bottles? There are no real standards for Maple Syrup, a lot of shit gets sold under that name when it obviously wasn't made properly.

18. Smug

Smug Senior Member

Trudeau
    It's [CURRENT YEAR]
    water problems
    changing the national anthem to make it gender-neutral
    teaching little kids it's okay to pretend to be the other sex
    having your gf asking you for alimony if she lived with you long enough
    fucking animals is now legal
    loli is banned

:^^^^^^^^^)
    At least I prefer winter climates over summer ones

19. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

That's not a Canada problem, that's a Native Reserve issue. Our water is pretty high-grade, but natives have been getting anally raped by greedy chieftains and shitty living conditions for a while here. Unlike strayans abbos, there are a lot of cute native grils here.

20. KCPhoenix

KCPhoenix Senior Member

I thought this might be fitting for the Canada thread.