Blizzard Games Thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kro, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Considering Blizzard's focus on multiplayer, I think it'd be great to have a thread where we can discuss their latest games, updates, and even make new friends. I personally only play Hearthstone at the moment but I'll try to ask as many questions as possible to get this thread started;

What did you think about the latest Hearthstone weekly brawl? What are you expecting/hoping for come Wednesday?

What are your impressions of Overwatch so far? Do you think the skills with cooldowns will work well in an arena FPS?

What would you like to see in the third and final Starcraft expansion(Legacy of The Void)?

What is your opinion on the current state of Diablo 3? Did Reaper of Souls fix enough problems to win you back? Would you buy the next expansion?

Will Heroes of The Storm ever build up enough of a player base to compete with League of Legends or Dota 2? Do you think Blizzard will continue to support it if doesn't reel in a big enough base?

And finally; Will you add me as a friend on Battle.net? :3 ( Kro#1217 )

2. Geb

Geb Señor Member

Added.

Used to play Hearthstone, but most of my interest in it waned after BRM. Paladin best.

Overwatch looks quite interesting, at the very least worth a try. I'm hoping to be picked for beta access later today.

3. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

I highly recommend returning. TGT actually did quite a bit for the game and It'd always be nice to have someoen to play the brawls with. Good luck with getting beta access to Overwatch!

4. Geb

Geb Señor Member

I'd be happy to play with you. It's just the game's freemium system that's burned me out. It irritates me that getting good cards is a crapshoot. I think the only reason I held out this long is because I was lucky enough to get Tirion from a pack at one point, which is why I'm such an ardent Paladin player.

5. ArsCortica

ArsCortica Established Recruit

Blizzard has been going down the gutter ever since the merger with Activision, imho.

Overwatch, to my best knowledge, largely consists of salvaged assets from the cancelled MMO shooter Titan that have been twisted into a TF2 clone. Those who remember Monday Night Combat or Loadout may understand that my expectations for the game are not particularly high, even with all the publicity that comes with being a Blizzard product.

Starcraft II has been bleeding players ever since MOBAs like Dota II or LoL have become popular, particularly in the Korean e-sports sector around which the entire game apparently has been balanced. Imho, this is the most critical mistake they made with it - they balanced it with he primary goal of making it engaging to watch as an esport, but not in order to make the gameplay genuinely fun. Not to speak of the garbage they pulled with the single player campaign. That they're currently trying this hard to get people to pre-order Legacy of the Void only shows how desperate they are.

No solid opinion on Diablo 3, though I dare to say that the shaky start of the game scared off many players, and that it will probably never reach the popularity (or playerbase) of a Diablo 2.

Heroes of the Storm? To little, to late. I feel genuinely sorry for the company if they really believe they'll get a large slice of the cake when Dota 2 and LoL have already eaten most of it (and Smite is already busily picking up the crumbs).

I don't think we need to discuss World of Warcraft.

6. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Have you tried getting good at the arena? You might have a few shaky starts but it's good gold once you get a hand of things as well as packs. There are even tools to help you draft, like Hearth Arena - Beyond the Tier List.

7. Geb

Geb Señor Member

Yes.

(._. )

8. Voiced

Voiced Senior Member

D: D: D:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-------

But to be on topic, I am looking forward to playing Overwatch when it comes out. Probably won't become a mainstay game I play regularly. Hearthstone is kinda meh for me (nice to play once in a while).

9. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

I played Hearthstone a lot, but finally just stopped one day. I started thinking about it again so I might start playing once more.

WoW kinda broke me for MMORPGs. I played so much WoW that it burned me out for these past couple of years. I haven't truly played any MMO seriously since WoW. Even the last couple of expansions I skipped. I just cannot be trusted lol

Starcraft was and is the love of my life. The original Starcraft, that is. I haven't really played much Starcraft II. I think growing up I failed a few classes in school because I just could not stop the Starcraft. It will always be close to my heart.

I played a lot of Warcraft too, but it wasn't as bad as Starcraft. I mostly only ever played Warcraft at LAN parties. For awhile we had got the old group back together a few years ago. We had scattered all over so we played over Hamachi. It's pretty fun.

Also I think in high school I played so much Diablo 2 that I'd skip out on classes just to play more. A few grade slips there.

Other than that Blizzard is pretty much my heroin dealer and who knows what will happen to my life with them involved in it LOL. I do like other games a lot more than Blizzard's. Seriously. I like the company, and the games they release. But I'm not about to tattoo them on my heart. It's just their content is highly addictive to me for one reason or another. =P

10. Sakurai

Sakurai Recruit

I can't. It hurts too much. Diablo II, Starcraft, and Warcraft III were practically all I played from when I was 9 all the way till I was 20. It hurts too much to see what Blizzard has become

11. Geb

Geb Señor Member

Heh, y'know I get that feeling when I look at the game's cast, like it's a mishmash of unused character concepts.

Indeed, I know for a fact that the Soldier 76 character is Chris Metzen's OC from over 15 years ago.

And his playstyle in Overwatch, well...

still wanna try out the game though

12. Lex

Lex Senior Member

Hearthstone has their shot at convincing me to play their games, and I couldn't abide the grind to get decent cards.

13. Tinfoilforest

Tinfoilforest Recruit

Been playing wc3 for 12 years and still played it every other day. Having 10000s++ of custom games and a group of players to play them with you really gives that game a long lifespan imo

14. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

I used to play Dota 1 with my friends...then custom maps. I remember there was a sevral Tower Defense maps that we all played on. Fun times.

For other games, I used to play hearthstone, then I got tired of it. Then there's Diablo 3, which I stopped before they put up the auction house.

15. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Did you try Dota 2 recently? They've added in custom games right from the client. They even do matchmaking for you. Tons of tower defense.

16. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

Have you played Path of Exile? I had started it once, but my buddy really took to PoE. At the time I played it (Like about two years ago) PoE was pretty much what I wanted Diablo 3 to be.

17. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Hm, nope. I tried Dota 2 like a few years earlier and well, my computed was horrible back then. I could give it a try now.

Never tried it. Is it still available?

18. Kro

Kro The King of Lolis

Yup. Gets updated all the time. One of the best F2P(not pay to win) games out there in my opinion. Path of Exile

19. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Looks...great! I might give it a go. Thanks~

20. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

And so, I tried Path of Exile. To be honest, I like it. Now I'm currently trying out the Ranger class, and it's not bad at all.

If anyone wants to join or add me, it's MysticHrist. Thanks~