Artist of NG: Manga Studio 5 is on sale - $15

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by DigiGuineaPig, Nov 25, 2015.

1. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Senior Member

Hey everybody,

Just FYI I stumbled across a deal for Manga Studio 5 for $15. I've not used the software before but a lot of digital artists use it, so I thought you might enjoy knowing about the deal.

Manga Studio 5

2. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

I've tried it out before, but I can't actually draw. It's alright as a photoshop alternative though.

3. DigiGuineaPig

Yeah I don't know too much about it. From what I gathered it's just software like Photoshop but just optimized for inking and coloring with specialized tools. Stuff you can do in Photoshop after tweaking and creating custom brushes and stuff, but it saves time and hassle. I've seen some art from some people I know who use it religiously and it's pretty fantastic work. But, I think they could probably do the same in Photoshop too if they wanted. It just has a nicer price tag that Adobe products.

Either way that's how I think about it. I might pick up the software in a few days if it's still at the $15 price. Who knows.

4. Angelus

Angelus Senior Member

I might too, but I doubt it's Linux compatible, and I don't like using Windows anymore since it's a literal spybot. $15 once to own a software is a much better deal than paying $22/month for Adobe's shitty Creative Cloud.

5. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Usually the standard is Photoshop, but yeah, Manga Studio isn't that bad also. There's SAI, which is small and better for memory usage in my opinion.

6. Hrist

Hrist Senior Member

Yeah, I agree. Just have to get used to the feel of digital and traditional methods. But seriously, SAI doesn't hog all the memory. Color me surprise.

7. DigiGuineaPig

I've used Sai too and it's great software! Although I haven't used it enough to really get comfortable. Mostly because it's just new software and I get stuck in my ways.